• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgiveness

Re: Forgiveness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    btw, as you well know Sukuna, holding on to malice and hatred is not only counterproductive, but dangerous since it can cause many emotional and physical problems. </div></div>

Sometimes we also have to check ourselves and look at why certain things hurt us. It is not always somebody doing us, it could be self-inflicted, it could be us doing them and so on... It could even result from mis-understandings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    btw, as you well know Sukuna, holding on to malice and hatred is not only counterproductive, but dangerous since it can cause many emotional and physical problems. </div></div>

Sometimes we also have to check ourselves and look at why certain things hurt us. It is not always somebody doing us, it could be self-inflicted, it could be us doing them and so on... It could even result from mis-understandings </div></div>

Well said, this is yyy people must speak their minds CLEARLY as best as possible so that others won't be confused as to what they are really saying...afterall, many battles have started over people speaking in &quot;parables&quot;...&quot;axis of evil&quot; comes to mind...it is always good to ask for clarification, no matter how one like look in so doing.
    <span style="font-style: italic">If it must choose who is to be crucified, the crowd will always save Barabbas</span>..John Cocteau.

<span style="font-weight: bold">all the lonely people, where do they all come from?</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">IGNORE A TROLL, di TROLL LOSES</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This past Sunday, Pastor spoke on forgiveness. We've been going through a series on love in which he uses the movie Fireproof as reference.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Side note:</span> <span style="font-style: italic"> I highly recommend the book, The Love Dare and the movie Fireproof for the married folks and those getting married.</span>

Pastor used the scriptures, Matthew 18:21-35 and 2 Corinthians 2:10-11. He gave five points on how to forgive.

1. We must make a decision to forgive and do it immediately. No waiting around.

(Britisha, I've heard from folks several times that I forgive quickly. I have to because I need to be forgiven quickly as well. Also, I love the freedom of living without a weight on my shoulder.)

2. We must say the words. He encouraged the church to literally say the words, &quot;I FORGIVE YOU&quot;.

3. We must actually forgive. We need to put hurts and revenge aside.

4. Forgive completely. Just as God forgave us, we must also forgive.

Paraphrasing something I read some years ago, we cannot expect forgiveness if we are not willing to forgive and forgive completely.

5. We must forgive repeatedly. If necessary, we need to continually peel away layers of hurts and pains until we are free.

</div></div>

Nothing to add, well said.
    <span style="font-style: italic">If it must choose who is to be crucified, the crowd will always save Barabbas</span>..John Cocteau.

<span style="font-weight: bold">all the lonely people, where do they all come from?</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sometimes we also have to check ourselves and look at why certain things hurt us. It is not always somebody doing us, it could be self-inflicted, it could be us doing them and so on... It could even result from mis-understandings </div></div>

Well said, this is yyy people must speak their minds CLEARLY as best as possible so that others won't be confused as to what they are really saying...afterall, many battles have started over people speaking in &quot;parables&quot;...&quot;axis of evil&quot; comes to mind...it is always good to ask for clarification, no matter how one like look in so doing. </div></div>

and wa happen when people drop wud pan de other people dem say speak in parables? dropping wud is a signal that evil intentions are meant more than it is speaking in parables.

but wait, is not our culture full of nothing but parables?????????

some people understand parables, some dont. that na mean dem dat na understand must start attack people

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well said, this is yyy people must speak their minds CLEARLY as best as possible so that others won't be confused as to what they are really saying...afterall, many battles have started over people speaking in &quot;parables&quot;...&quot;axis of evil&quot; comes to mind...it is always good to ask for clarification, no matter how one like look in so doing. </div></div>

and wa happen when people drop wud pan de other people dem say speak in parables? dropping wud is a signal that evil intentions are meant more than it is speaking in parables.

but wait, is not our culture full of nothing but parables?????????

some people understand parables, some dont. that na mean dem dat na understand must start attack people
    [/quote]

**chukkle** true to an extent...whole heap of lives have been lost on and off the battlefield because of &quot;words&quot;..OTOH...&quot;dropping of words&quot; is not necessarily speaking in parables imo..[anadda tappick]...but mi haffie ask yuh diss...yuh been looking in the mirror lately? look suh...**chukkle*...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;dropping of words&quot; is not necessarily speaking in parables imo..[anadda tappick]...</div></div>
    interesting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    but mi haffie ask yuh diss...yuh been looking in the mirror lately? look suh...**chukkle*...</div></div>

ana talk a go do it, if yu min yasso me woulda put the mirror in yu face. what a wicked ooman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;dropping of words&quot; is not necessarily speaking in parables imo..[anadda tappick]...</div></div>
    interesting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    but mi haffie ask yuh diss...yuh been looking in the mirror lately? look suh...**chukkle*...</div></div>

ana talk a go do it, if yu min yasso me woulda put the mirror in yu face. what a wicked ooman </div></div>

YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN THE MIRROR..huh?

Now on that ad hominem, your trademark on boardlane...*I* forgive you especially since you know not what YOU speak...or of whom you speak...

Mi running off to the Church, si yah laytah.

whiter than snow, yes whiter than snow, Lord Jesus dem want to be whiter than snow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whiter than snow, yes whiter than snow, Lord Jesus dem want to be whiter than snow

</div></div>

I can ongle forgive yuh... yuh bring this stale worn out sinting back agen? Reboot Sukuna, REBOOT yuhself...

whiter than snow, yes whiter than snow lord jesus she wants to whiter than snow