• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: So Mom's visiting from JA....................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shine_Eye_Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: worshiPRaiserPDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DotCom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by worshiPRaiserPDB
    Cho - you are one a dem people who tell it is like it &quot;T-I-S&quot; is nuh tru? Everybody guh roun de mulbry (mulberry) bush and reach a de same result but u tek shawtcut - u nuh hear seh shawtcut draw blood? </div></div>

Straight to the point. Me speak from the heart and because of that, me only keep real friends who appreciate the fact that me is not two-faced. </div></div>

Got u - I wish I could be straight-forward sometimes lol. </div></div>

That's my problem......mi seh how mi feel too much.....

I wouldn't call it a problem, just being honest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STG JJ

How does your mom do with shopping? Does she take off to parts of the mall unknown and turn off her cell phone so you cannot reach her when you need to find her?

<span style="font-style: italic">just checking if it is a ja mom ting or nat as it seem to be a regula ting where I am </span>

</div></div>

Well Mom does not have a cell with her. She has one in JA but not here. Let me give you a rundown on her shopping style. A couple years ago, we were out at her favorite place, the Dollar General Store. I was with Mel, Mom and the Mother-in-law. For some reason, Mom thought that she could get a 36 Double D strapless bra in said store. Of course my mother in law looked at her and said, &quot; I don't think you are a double-D, I am but I don't think you are.&quot;
    With that my Mom promptly grabbed both of the MIL's ta ta's and said &quot; me don't think so&quot;.

Of course the MIL was in total shock and since then, has not gone shopping with Mom and Mel makes darn sure that the topic of bra's does not come up when they are out in town!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;It is better to be hated for you are than to be liked for who you are not&quot;</span>

dear fawda
    JJ treasure you mom yah

hahaha!!!! too much!!!

(((Bless yu madda))))
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">TWO WEEK UPDATE</span>

Mom's still hear, Mel's still mad, the kids are being tolerant and as usual, I'm the middle. She's mellowed out a little bit but still her old self.

I left on Saturday morning for a 3-day fishing trip (don't remember much..Mmmmm, I wonder if it had anything to do with the alcohol consumption ? The crew hasn't filled me in on any of Mom's antics while I was away, so I will have to get some info.

Mom's heading to Florida this weekend before heading back to JA. I think she's rebelling somewhat because she hasn't cooked for us since she got here. Normally she hits the kitchen and I can expect something authentic at least once during the visit, but not this time.

I may have to take Mom out for some one on one Mother-Son time. There is some static between her and Mel, not so much with the kiddos. I need to see if I can get them back to being friends.

Will keep you posted.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;It is better to be hated for you are than to be liked for who you are not&quot;</span>

please allow mel to love ur mom from a distance
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

btw wen u hitting JA again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CestMoi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw wen u hitting JA again? </div></div>

The Countdown clock says 14 days, 2 hrs, 21 mins

Life is challenging at times, but I would give anything to spend just one more day with my Mother. She passed at a young 61 twelve years ago.

I love the time I have with an elder Jamaican woman who calls me her daughter. The first time I went to visit her, her son carried me to her yard. After the invitation to go meet her, she is 87 years young, I said I wanted to go home, change out of my shorts and put on a dress. While I was changing he said to me, you better put on some drawers because there's a good chance she's gonna lift up your dress and see what you have on.
    Well she didn't but she looked me up and down and didn't smile for a very long time. Since then we have become very close. She has grabbed my breasts, squeezed them, commenting on their shape and size. She makes fun of my butt and says how nice it is and how man would love it. So many things that I am not accustom to. But I love her and I love her ways. She's not easy at all, a feisty spirited woman who I feel honored to call my Jamaican Mother.

Love her up and btw, from the picture of her and your 2 boys, they do love her. Look how their eyes light up and the grins on their faces. Nuff love there.

Families aren't easy, we all have our ways.

Administrator

the memories of this thread
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org