• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

Re: So Mom's visiting from JA....................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skelli0n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BOAL!!!

jamaicans are di ongle ppl weh can have gas inna dem han foot an back </div></div> <span style="font-size: 11pt">They sem to know something that has eluded modern medicine.
    Certain acupuncture placements far afield of the digestive system actually become activated by way of the digestive (mesentary system.
    And guess what?
    when they are activated the usually cause the patients to expel gas that they wouldn't normally do.
    So the gas may not be in the possession, but some how they instinctively know what to do.
    The fun part is that in the process, they may also be self treating themselves for ailments they don't even know they have. God bless them. the more we find out the more we realize that some fools may not be such a fool after all.</span>
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

I can relate in many way. My father is a 84 year old Jamaican who is very much set in his ways. He too lets out a bellowing belch in public now and again and yes, it is very embarrassing to say the least. I cringe but he isn't going to change now so I just close my eyes and go to my happy place when he gives a public performance.
    It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away.

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon_Milo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can relate in many way. My father is a 84 year old Jamaican who is very much set in his ways. He too lets out a bellowing belch in public now and again and yes, it is very embarrassing to say the least. I cringe but he isn't going to change now so I just close my eyes and go to my happy place when he gives a public performance.

</div></div>Give thanks for every day he expresses his real self. At least it is a thousand times more pleasuable better than to watch hom squirm in pain.
    I won't bother to even utter other posibillities.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DotCom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJandMel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    We live dead smack in the middle of town now........and Mom is yet again intent on being herself!!

,....... but I still have to live in this town. People around here at one time found it hard to believe that I was Jamaican.......but not after meeting Mom!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Worse,</span> the folks at work have requested that I bring her up to the office so that they can meet her.....

Nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!</div></div>

It sounds to ME as if you shame of you mother.

Anyhooo, your signature sums it up nicely. <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"> &quot;It is better to be hated for you are than to be liked for who you are not&quot;</span>

</div></div> [/quote]

Cho - you are one a dem people who tell it is like it &quot;T-I-S&quot; is nuh tru? Everybody guh roun de mulbry (mulberry) bush and reach a de same result but u tek shawtcut - u nuh hear seh shawtcut draw blood?
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">Ecclesiastes 12:13</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-family: 'Georgia'">Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear GOD and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.</span></span>

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon_Milo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skelli0n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BOAL!!!

jamaicans are di ongle ppl weh can have gas inna dem han foot an back </div></div>

So my family is not the only ones who belive this.

Thank you Lord! Wi nat alone! </div></div>

pat mi head and belch in de comfart of mi home
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

is the thread poster male or female ???
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: worshiPRaiserPDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cho - you are one a dem people who tell it is like it &quot;T-I-S&quot; is nuh tru? Everybody guh roun de mulbry (mulberry) bush and reach a de same result but u tek shawtcut - u nuh hear seh shawtcut draw blood? </div></div>

Straight to the point. Me speak from the heart and because of that, me only keep real friends who appreciate the fact that me is not two-faced.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Lookie here you... Take this [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smiley-violent081.gif[/img] and go GET A LIFE!!!</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic">Don't be Jealous of My Very Own Fabuliciousness and Fabulattitude Jamaican in Me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blushing2.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the thread poster male or female ???

</div></div>

Not sure but the story reads like something me &quot;stooch&quot; sister would write.

Always shame of her people's true habits and thought she was better than everyone. Because of that, me granny (who always wore pleated skirts) use to wait for her to enter the room and then she would lean one side in the couch, pull on one of her butt cheeks and let it riiiiiiip for about 30 seconds, LOUD and Proud followed by &quot;Tank U gracious father&quot;.

She is still mad about it and my granny has been dead for 15 years.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Lookie here you... Take this [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smiley-violent081.gif[/img] and go GET A LIFE!!!</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic">Don't be Jealous of My Very Own Fabuliciousness and Fabulattitude Jamaican in Me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blushing2.gif[/img]</span>

Wah duh she?!!

FISH HEAD FI NYAM NUH EAT!!!

Why have you cut off your culture so much that your family can't look at her &quot;antics&quot; and let it roll off their backs?

When my Grandmother (God bless her soul) used to get gas we, her grandchildren, used to get a crack out of it...ain't nothing funnier than a Granny from country wid gas.

(((Mama)))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61U0Mq9cIY

I love my Haterrrrsssss!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DotCom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

She is still mad about it and my granny has been dead for 15 years. </div></div>

now that is funny as hell

my dad used to grab whichever of his kids was the closest to him; sit on the victim and let out one serious fart

we would lose our ever loving minds over it

normally he was a very serious man but not when it came to his farts I used to hate it as a kid but did find the humour when I got older

certain things just aint that serious in life especially when they are now gone.
    And he will slay any Dragon for me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]