• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Concept of God?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by j-can View Post
    any evidence will do
    Then the bible is replete with testimonials.
    Aid is Imperialism.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
    Legalize weed
    The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here,there,everywhere
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by franksterr View Post
    Then the bible is replete with testimonials.
    lol
    I have read the bible.You can't take it literally,It's full of fairy tales and myths(how does a man survive for three days in the belly of a whale?,How can a man build a boat big enough to carry all the animals of the earth?.....This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales...

    If I told you Santa Claus was real and tried to get you to believe in Sante Claus like I do,You would correctly think I was mad because everyone over 6 years old know Santa is not a real person,We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by j-can View Post
    lol
    I have read the bible.You can't take it literally,It's full of fairy tales and myths(how does a man survive for three days in the belly of a whale?,How can a man build a boat big enough to carry all the animals of the earth?.....This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales...

    If I told you Santa Claus was real and tried to get you to believe in Sante Claus like I do,You would correctly think I was mad because everyone over 6 years old know Santa is not a real person,We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary
    You said any evidence will do.....that is mine.




    Now having answered your question, let me address your Jonah issue with a simple question:-
    The eagle has landed....
    let me ask you did an eagle actually carry men to and land on the moon ?
    That actual event has given the expression a whole new meaning today that what it meant when it was originally used..


    eagle has landed.jpg





    “Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”
    Last edited by franksterr; 05-30-2016 at 12:42 AM.
    Aid is Imperialism.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
    Legalize weed
    The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here,there,everywhere
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by franksterr View Post
    You said any evidence will do.....that is mine.
    That is not evidence....it's what you believe and there is nothing wrong with that but it's not evidence........
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by j-can View Post
    That is not evidence....it's what you believe and there is nothing wrong with that but it's not evidence........
    Could you please address my question as to whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon?

    Even though you have totally neglected to answer my question, as to Whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon......I will still respond to your miss direction.


    1. You said
    "any evidence will do"
    . Then you try to disqualify the evidence I provided. Here is why the bible is evidentiary/evidential.

    How do we define evidence, according to google....The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid

    In other words.....If an idea is accepted as a belief by you, that fact does not mean it cannot be factual, valid and or true.


    2. The Bible provides three types of evidence
    A) Testimonial
    B) Anecdotal
    C) Eye Witness.*
    .
    Last edited by franksterr; 06-03-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Aid is Imperialism.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
    Legalize weed
    The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here,there,everywhere
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by franksterr View Post
    Could you please address my question as to whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon?
    .
    I am kind of confused..is that a serious question?..You do know the craft that landed on the moon was called the Eagle?
    as for the bible there are no eyewitnesses in the bible.....
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by j-can View Post
    I am kind of confused..is that a serious question?..You do know the craft that landed on the moon was called the Eagle?
    as for the bible there are no eyewitnesses in the bible.....
    I know you are confused the bible tends to do that to the uninformed

    Yes it is a serious question.

    The craft was called eagle......but was it an eagle?

    Is it possible that whale/fish that Jonah was in could also be a craft? or at the very least represent something else?

    If I say "I heard something straight from the horse's mouth" Am I talking about a horse that actually talks ?
    Aid is Imperialism.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
    Legalize weed
    The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here,there,everywhere
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by franksterr View Post

    Yes it is a serious question.

    The craft was called eagle......but was it an eagle?
    ?
    It was not a real eagle
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by j-can View Post
    It was not a real eagle



    This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand".......Those are the words of Jesus, 2000 yrs ago in the bible,That does not diminish the value inherent in the stories.

    Bible stories are not fairy tales but could be classified as idiomatic expression using legendary and mythical historical stories to impart lessons(morals) of and about how to live Life and as such retain and is a repository of vast amounts of valuable knowledge.

    If you say one should not take the bible literal then why are you doing so?
    When seen in this light your statement that "
    This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales" becomes in itself nonsensical.

    My point is you are "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" even though you purport to know better.


    Your statement
    We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary
    is best dealt with in you other thread.
    Aid is Imperialism.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
    Legalize weed
    The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •