• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

PDB aka PurposeDrivenBrotha now WorshiPraiser

WOW. Hello everybody! Mi type in the web address and couldn't find the Forum much less memba mi password! It's good to see so many familiar names! Unu a gwan wid tings man! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">Ecclesiastes 12:13</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-family: 'Georgia'">Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear GOD and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.</span></span>

Congratulations Jamaicans.com for the social media experience!

It was 1996 -- we were donating used computers to schools in rural towns in Jamaica. My husband had a contact at this place called Florida East Coast Travel who put him in contact with a Jamaican community worker in Florida by the name of Xavier Murphy. Unfortunately, Xavier could not join us in our volunteer program as he was already involved in his own Jamaican community efforts. But he told us to check out his Jamaicans.com web site. That was in 1996 and it was the old treaded message board format. I joined and stayed on as a member to this day.

My participation here has dwindled since I lost my husband to cancer over a year ago but Jamaicans.com has remained to this day to be my only constant social media experience. This site became "home away from home" and the place to be whenever I needed a good bellyful of laughs. Thank you Xavier for keeping Jamaicans.com alive!

-sf