• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I remember Common Entrance

GSAT vs Common Entrance

sum it up for me pz. what him saying?
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

suppn bout wid Common Entrance yuh get two chances: one in Grade 5 and one in Grade 6. If yuh fail bote times, yuh guh Compre an All-Age School an yuh dreams (as a boy) of Calabar, JC, KC, Georges, get sheg. An yuh salt.

apart from the bit bout ice cream n the shading in n going eeny meeny ( i don't remember multiple choice in my days) i agree that Common Entrance nevah ha all dis .....well to a certain extent it did given that the choice was academics vs vocational....but not to this hysteria....the thing i remember is that each grade pushed u forward in learning...each grade saw the curriculum continue on from the grade before...so by the time u got to Common Entrance it was just like the end of year exams n of course u wanted ur name up top when those end of year results were posted...so of course u wanted to win a place in academics n not vocational....but if SAHS was not to be for u , SETH was there n just a good a job in what they did...my hardest bit with CE was the choice of school...u were to choose two....my mother said i was to put the same school twice...after all my two elder sisters were already there...the headmaster said i had to choose two..i told him what my mom had said n he quietly wrote in the said school twice...
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Dishwasher
    Mental Ability...lol...I remember the common entrance. My parents parents mandate was that I had to pass...which I did..
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Mental Ability...lol...I remember the common entrance. My parents parents mandate was that I had to pass...which I did..
    I recall it was called Verbal Reasoning in my era.....

in my local area the all age school never had a full pass for more than thirty years! They did have three who won half scholarships in 1972! This year they finally had a lassie qualify through GSAT for Hampton....! They had hot house classes. Bethlehem up up the road had hot house classes as well.. it always had tthree to 5 pass though..

There was a second exam for them to go the Technical High Schools, then there was also a Grade Nine achievement test that could put you into the traditional high school as well....

No one can tell me when JSC's was stopped!
    Last edited by Wahalla; 11-18-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512