• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Administrator

Re: Crockpot Coffee Ancho Chile Short Ribs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HIELPEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">want mi send you some? mi can send them fresh, dry (how folks buy them here usually) or packed in adobo sauce &lt;texico lazy man trick for recipes </div></div>

mek mi try the local mexican place tomorrow if not mi will pm you for the link
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Kitchen Sink Hash

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Kitchen Sink Hash </span></span>

Ingredients

1lb chorizo, or (italian) sausage, or chicken sausage <span style="color: #FF0000">&lt;I used chicken italian sausage</span>
    1 yellow, or red, or green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced <span style="color: #FF0000">&lt;i used red, as they were 5/$1.00. </span>
    1/2 yellow onion, diced
    1/2 to 1 whole sweet potato or yam, diced <span style="color: #FF0000">&lt;(I used 1/2 &amp; left the skin on)</span>
    1 package of button mushrooms, sliced
    1 big package of fresh spinach
    sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder
    red pepper flakes
    pinch of salt and pepper

cook the sausage first. then add the onions. then add all the other stuff. Cook (stirring occasionally) until the potatoes are cooked. Boom!
    Hurt people, hurt people.

Re: Kitchen Sink Hash

Would I have to account for more time if I add Potatoes to the Crock Pot Curry Chicken??

Would you suggest putting them in with the rest of the ingredients at once or wait before putting them in. I love curry potatoes...

Thanks
    Open arms to change, but don't let go of your values...

Re: Kitchen Sink Hash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAmerican Ooman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would I have to account for more time if I add Potatoes to the Crock Pot Curry Chicken??

Would you suggest putting them in with the rest of the ingredients at once or wait before putting them in. I love curry potatoes...

Thanks </div></div>

While I've not tried it with this dish...whenever I add potatoes to the the crockpot I add them about an hour before I want the dish to done (more if it on low). And they turn out just right. I dont like my potatoes mush out, mush out when mi eating them...unless is mashed mi supposed to be eating.

Breakfast Lasagna

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Breakfast Lasagna</span></span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> &lt; it was actually dinner tonight</span>

Ingredients

1 sweet potato, thinly sliced lengthwise
    1lb chorizo or breakfast sausage (depending on the spice level you’d like) <span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;used sausage..cah it was what mi had already</span>
    1 container sliced mushrooms
    1 yellow onion, sliced thin
    1/3 cup canned coconut milk
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    salt and pepper, to taste
    6 eggs, whisked
    1 tablespoon olive oil <span style="color: #FF0000">(you could use butter, too)</span>

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    1. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add your chorizo or breakfast sausage to cook down. Move meat over to one side of the skillet then....
    2. Place onions in to begin to caramelize. Salt and pepper the onions while they cook. Once your onions have cooked for about 8-10 minutes, add your mushrooms and cover to help cook your mushrooms.
    3. Now, while your meat and onions/mushrooms cook down, thinly slice your sweet potato lengthwise with a sharp knife and thinly slice each slice.
    4. Pull out your 8×8 glass baking dish and layer the bottom of your dish with thinly sliced sweet potato.
    5. In a bowl, mix your coconut milk with garlic powder, onion powder, and a bit of salt and pepper. Whisk to mix.
    6. Once your meat is done cooking and your onions are beautifully caramelized, beginning your lasagna layering.
    7. Place a scoop full of mushrooms and onions on top of your first sweet potato layer, spreading it out, then place a spoonful of your meat across that first layer.
    8. Then layer another layer of sweet potatoes on top of your onions and meat, and keep on layering. Mushrooms and onions, meat, sweet potato…until you run out of ingredients. The amount of layers you have is all up to you!
    9. Once your layers are finished, pour your coconut milk mixture over your lasagna so it can creep into all the crevices.
    10. Salt and pepper the top of your lasagna then place aluminum foil on top to create a seal around your baking dish.
    11. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until your sweet potatoes are completely cooked through.
    12. When your lasagna is done baking, let cool for about 10 minutes.
    13. While the lasagna cools, place one of your skillets over medium heat, add the tablespoon of olive oil, and add your whisked eggs to make scrambled eggs.
    14. When eggs are cooked through, place them on top of your slightly cooled lasagna.

Cut into squares…or eat out of the pan. I won’t judge.

Serve with a couple slices of avocado and or tomato for good measure. <span style="color: #FF0000">&lt;mi starting to see that it is never enough when it comes to food wid this wanga gut pikney mi have </span>

Re: Breakfast Lasagna

this breakfast lasagna sounds yummy. Must try!

Easy Peasie Paella

I know, I know ... the best paella is made with blah, blah, blah but here's an easy recipe I did today. You can do your own combination of meat or fish. Adjust amounts to your tastes.

• 1 package of Vigo Yellow Rice. I used a smaller size dan dis

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
    • Leftover salmon filet, diced
    • Shrimp, shelled and deveined
    • 4 pieces Canadian bacon, diced
    • Kalamata olives, pitted
    • Green peas, frozen
    • Green onions, chopped
    • Small red sweet pepper, diced
    • Fresh thyme leaves
    • Fresh cilantro, chopped
    • Juice of one fresh lemon

Cook rice according to directions.
    While it is cooking, put oil in a large pan that will hold all the following ingredients. A wok is perfect.
    Add the bacon, peas, onions, pepper and saute.
    When it cook likkle, add shrimp and salmon. Cook them, but not too long. Add olives, thyme and cilantro.
    When rice is cooked and hot, combine everything in big pan.
    Drizzle extra olive oil if you need to.
    Squeeze lemon juice on top.

You will make plenty to feed a family of four.