• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

near di USA border a watch out fi Canadians :- D

Tropical fruit may play role in feeding 9.6 billion.

JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

I once mentioned on here, that the Jamaican government should pass a law that required every house be built with water catchment and a Breadfruit tree. To solve Jamaicas food issue.. as usual noone commented ony brilliant plan...now a Canadian is advocating it for Pakistan..Canadians.

Here is the thing.. a fact I learnt from a book called Trinity by Leon URIs it take 2 kg of potatoes to feed a person sufficient calories... I learnt later it takes 25 literally of water to form a kilogramme of potatoes.. Bread fruit is more sustainable..but not a single solution...

I hate Breadfruit. I got Clyde of it and green bananas as a child..
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Quote Originally Posted by Wahalla View Post
    I once mentioned on here, that the Jamaican government should pass a law that required every house be built with water catchment and a Breadfruit tree. To solve Jamaicas food issue.. as usual noone commented ony brilliant plan...now a Canadian is advocating it for Pakistan..Canadians.

Here is the thing.. a fact I learnt from a book called Trinity by Leon URIs it take 2 kg of potatoes to feed a person sufficient calories... I learnt later it takes 25 literally of water to form a kilogramme of potatoes.. Bread fruit is more sustainable..but not a single solution...

The good ole Cassava too.

near di USA border a watch out fi Canadians :- D
    Make mine slightly ripe and roasted (or fried) wid some ackee an salt-fish, an yuh got mi!

Quote Originally Posted by Wahalla View Post
    JA.com member #946 for LIFE!