• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Walter Mosley & Luke Cage

I am a fan of EZ Rawlins and would love to see a Netflix Series......I picked up the two post suicide books EZ books at the local libary and f in is he'd Little Green on Thursday.

I am a Stan Lee Marvel fan and liked Jessica Jones and Dare Devil series....so started to watch Luke Cage series on Netflix. ....Love the three main characters acting....half way through I thought Mike Collter would be the perfect EZ....He is large enough an d pretty close to how I pictured him.

In the seacond episode there is the best discussion on black yanki literature. AND brilliantly serendipitously Luke Cage reads Little Green!

Some brilliant black yanki historical references. It connects history with the present..and They make the comment on Luke cage. .."You have more jobs than a Jamaican "

Loved Cottonmouth watch...and the way the picture of Biggie with a crown is used in the background. . The fact cottonmouth is a brilliant pianist....
    Last edited by Wahalla; 10-01-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

have read ALL his mysteries by not his sci fi....curiously, i have never watched the one made into a movie starring Denzel...Devil in a Blue Dress...very few black authors out there doing mystery n doing it well....and as they age out few r replacing them....but in this age of mass translations, i have found some 'farrin' authors doing fantastic mysteries....the realism of how it was back then for blacks comes out in his books....i still remember his daring introduction of Jesus who would become his 'adopted' son...mercy.....that was one in a million story line...that fat ,obese piece of ****e who had the child solely for his sexual pleasure...u know he had to go once Easy found out what was wat

and I love "Mouse' , psychopath that he is...lol

last book was CHARCOAL JOE
    uthor Walter Mosley has been chosen as the 2016 Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America, and will receive the award at the 70th annual Edgar Awards Banquet in New York City on April 28, 2016. At the same time, two Raven Awards will be presented, to “mentor, teacher, scholar and editor” Margaret Kinsman and to Sisters in Crime, the group of women mystery writers initially convened by Sara Paretsky in 1986, and the Ellery Queen Award will be given to Janet A. Rudolph, director of Mystery Readers International, editor of the Mystery Readers Journal and teacher of mystery fiction.
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

He got something wrong.....in Little Green....the Prince who gave EZ bun was from Ghana, in Charcoal joe he was from Nigeria.....

Yes the Jesus story line was sickening.....But he has grown up to be a fine young man.....

I bought one of his Sci fi books....

I hate finishing EZ rawlings books.....

Mouse gets scarier as he gets older.....I still don't get why Mouse loves EZ.....yet EZ is scared of him......I hated what Deziel did with EZ....It is as bad as what Tom Cruise did to Jack Reacher. ....They made giant characters small....

MOUSE WOULD be hard to cast.... a sexy, light skin, light eyes negro is how Walter Mosley describes him.... but who could impart the danger he exudes? I thought Common... b u t he is too big.....
    Last edited by Wahalla; 10-18-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...

Quote Originally Posted by Wahalla View Post
    He got something wrong.....in Little Green....the Prince who gave EZ bun was from Ghana, in Charcoal joe he was from Nigeria.....

Yes the Jesus story line was sickening.....But he has grown up to be a fine young man.....

I bought one of his Sci fi books....

I hate finishing EZ rawlings books.....

Mouse gets scarier as he gets older.....I still don't get why Mouse loves EZ.....yet EZ is scared of him......I hated what Deziel did with EZ....It is as bad as what Tom Cruise did to Jack Reacher. ....They made giant characters small....

MOUSE WOULD be hard to cast.... a sexy, light skin, light eyes negro is how Walter Mosley describes him.... but who could impart the danger he exudes? I thought Common... b u t he is too big.....

I love Lee Child n have read all the Reacher books..finally caught the movie n liked it...Tom made me figet that Reacher suppose to b tall

On Jack Reacher... on the first book he was touring the US going to Blues Musicians location... It was a Google fest. .......and in another he used the name of Vice "presidents.....

Did u catch Lee Childs as the desk Sargent in the movie......

Actually Dom Cheadle did a good mouse.....in Devil In a Blue Dress...but this will be poltically in correct he was too black.......

I thought Tom Cruise was too good looking. And he seemed to go by the Hollinwood rule.Star bwoy don't throw the first punch..... where as Jack Reacher knows if u hit first u are more likely to win the fight!

I will watch the next reacher film...

I watched the new Jack Reacher... good script, good set ups... sorry Evan...but he is too pretty to be Reacher.....Lee Childs did a cameo....

am reading the latest Reacher book which was published on the 7th