• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seveen - INDIAN FOOD

come school wi noh?
    When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Re: Seveen - INDIAN FOOD

yeah...teach how to make "Doubles."
    a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

whassup?

you mentioned in the lunch post about indian food. please share you knowledge. hope i'm not putting you on the spot.
    When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

okay - i'm headed home from work now - still no computer at home due to the fire (will buy one this month) but I will return tomorrow to talk about Indian food and Monk I will find a recipe for "doubles" for you - plenty of folks at my job to ask

reggaegirl - i discovered indian food when i was a vegetarian - there are a lot of veggie choices in their diet - most hindu's are vegetarian

see you tomorrow - don't forget to come back - i'll be right here y'all [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

take care seveen. sorry to hear about the fire.

Administrator

Seveen,

If yuh have any homemade curry recipies, please share. I have always wanted to know how to make my own curry spice.

BTW, are you still in the hotel?
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

I got this from a gong fu brother of mine after we got back from trinidad, actually it comes from a cigar buddy of mine but the gong fu brother stamps his approval.

he says:
    Curry powder is as variable as curry. In other words, to your own spec. But generally I'd make a spice mixture and convert it into a paste by mortaring it with a combination of mustard oil and vegetable oil.

The base should be a good garam masala mixture.
    Then chilis - I'd use the fierce little red and green ones rather than the stronger Habanero which I don't think you find on the subcontinent. Dried chilis are fine, better than powder.
    Mustard seeds, black onion seeds. Asafoetida. Ginger. Garlic.
    Black pepper.
    And for nuances - clove, cinnamon, cardamom, to taste.
    Turmeric can add some colour.

Tamarind's excellent if you make a curry paste.
    a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

I eat Indian at least once a week and this is what I get:

Vegetarian variety
    Though the menu is decidedly uncarnivorous, there’s enough variety and subtle seasonings here to ensure that no one will miss the meat. For many of Pushap’s devout patrons, ordering is as easy as one, two, thali! For $5, thali specials are an affordable and nutritious choice, providing a full meal on a metal plate with divided sections designed to contain different offerings. Pushap’s thalis usually feature two vegetable curries of the day—eggplant or cauliflower, for example—plus a protein-rich dahl. Unpretentious dishes are rounded out with a choice nan, paratha and other flatbreads.

This is from the restaurant's web site
    <span style="font-weight: bold">What goes on in <span style="color: green">Jamaica,</span> stays in <span style="color: green">Jamaica</span></span>

Indian Food - Yummy

Let's start with this so the recipes don't seem so confusing - everyone eats the same thing - there are no new vegetables on the planet - my mom always wants to know what they eat in Jamaica - chicken, beef, pork i say. i think she thinks they have chickalow or something there.

so here goes . . .

Hindi English

Adrak Ginger
    Ajwain Carom
    Aloo Potato
    Amchoor Unripe Mango -powder
    Besan Chick pea flour
    Bhindi Okra
    Brinjal Aubergine
    Chana dal Split chick peas
    Chaval Rice
    Dahi Yoghurt