• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Peter Tosh oped

Peter Tosh oped

I agree with this peice... I had describe this process as cultural canonisation ......I think m it deminise a life...They make a revolutionary into a cuddly puppy. ...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/e...ification-tosh
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Mi love Peter like cook food...Peter's history of activism doesn't fit in with the 'one love', feel good that they have morphed Marley into...Peter's actions n interactions with the ****sym r well publicized...hard for them to make him the posterboy for feel good tourism Ja...

Peter was never anyone's boy n never backed down from a fight...no one no influence him fi choose money over integrity n we know him was a shade too dark plus militant

we who know the music , know dat hands down Peter beat Bob...
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Quote Originally Posted by evanovitch View Post
    Mi love Peter like cook food...Peter's history of activism doesn't fit in with the 'one love', feel good that they have morphed Marley into...Peter's actions n interactions with the ****sym r well publicized...hard for them to make him the posterboy for feel good tourism Ja...

Peter was never anyone's boy n never backed down from a fight...no one no influence him fi choose money over integrity n we know him was a shade too dark plus militant

we who know the music , know dat hands down Peter beat Bob...
    I agree

Musically Peter was a Musicans musican..... I would love to remove the vocals and reduce the drum and base from so many Tosh tracks. ..... I was on a hill walk the other day and i listened to three hours of Peter.....it blew my mind how musical it was... I has the base turned down... and you hear strings and horns in some suprising places..... I mean i have heard it said heloved Tschykoski....

I was at a funeral of my best friend a few years back..And oneof my friends complained P was a revoultionary, yet we had reduced him to so cuddly conservative... I think we have done the same with Peter, Bob and even Gregory....Made them into some type of hippy...

Rasta is not black hippies........And it angers me, Rasta ... I was at a christmas play for my 9 year old son the other day... they did a brilliant non traditional play... But a "Christmas carol" was used and they morphed Marley's Ghost into Bob Marley the ghost.....No it was not black face, the child playing him actually had a passing resembleance...... It was i can hear so many Rasses say "wi nuh deal wid no duppy..."
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...

Quote Originally Posted by Wahalla View Post
    I agree

Musically Peter was a Musicans musican..... I would love to remove the vocals and reduce the drum and base from so many Tosh tracks. ..... I was on a hill walk the other day and i listened to three hours of Peter.....it blew my mind how musical it was... I has the base turned down... and you hear strings and horns in some suprising places..... I mean i have heard it said heloved Tschykoski....

I was at a funeral of my best friend a few years back..And oneof my friends complained P was a revoultionary, yet we had reduced him to so cuddly conservative... I think we have done the same with Peter, Bob and even Gregory....Made them into some type of hippy...

Rasta is not black hippies........And it angers me, Rasta ... I was at a christmas play for my 9 year old son the other day... they did a brilliant non traditional play... But a "Christmas carol" was used and they morphed Marley's Ghost into Bob Marley the ghost.....No it was not black face, the child playing him actually had a passing resembleance...... It was i can hear so many Rasses say "wi nuh deal wid no duppy..."

I feel u on what u have said....btw, second to Peter, Joseph aka Culture, was also a musician's musician....he use to blow my mind in rehearsals...Joseph could play each instrument in the band , n would, in order to show them what he was wanting to hear...RIP
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Sine u mentioned Culture for the last couple days been humming Why I am a Rasta man.....