Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Parenting, Family & Finance - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=29" /> Anyone had dealings with Gammon & Clarke Lawyers?
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone had dealings with Gammon & Clarke Lawyers?

I dont want to go into too much detail on what my dealing with them are, but ive not had any contact off them for 6 months or so, ive called/emailed numerous times and left messages for Mr Clarke (with the receptionist) to call me back, but he never has.
    Getting p##t off now and being in the UK i cant do much about it til im out in Jamaica next, but i wasnt planning on going back until he had finished what he was paid to do.
    Anyone know of or had any problems with the firm?

Re: Anyone had dealings with Gammon & Clarke Lawyers?

Sorry to hear!!

Why dont you report the firm to the governing body of Lawyers in Jamaica, here in Canada we have a governing body for lawyers.....Upper Law Society of Canada.

Failing that call the talk show in jamaica Perkins online, sometimes all it takes is a firm/company getting some bad publicity to get the ball moving. Hope you have all your evidence ready like the receipt/money wire transfer handy.

Here is a link to Wilmot Perkins talk show or do a search for other talk shows in jamaica where you can air your concern.

Perkins

Good Luck....btw only hope you come back as so many of the newbies just disappear and mi need some new people to <span style="text-decoration: line-through">fass</span> a mean talk to
    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Ohhhh I just looked and saw that you not really a newbie, you register from 2005 and only have 34 poas....yu shudda shame a yuself man .....cho but please to come back and tell me wot happen and how everything worked out.
    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Look ya na!! you come in here ask fee likkle advice and me give it to you....the least you could do is update me yu na. I am <span style="text-decoration: line-through">fass</span> concerned about your situation, so please to let me know how you are doing.

Sorry for not replying earlier and thanks for the responses, i dont get online that often. We've tried afew times to contact the office overthere but the receptionist says Mr Clarke is busy an she'll get him to call back, he never does.
    I think i'm going to report him, or atleast threaten to report him and see what response that generates.

Administrator

is gammon the same guy who was upset about the big bamboo in fern gully?

they have a web page but no email address
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

http://kentgammonlaw.com/index.html
    My father inlaw went to there Mandeville office when he was overthere in 2008, its over 2 years now since they started the land transfer for us and ive had no contact from Mr Clarke since May 2010 and that was just an email to say the woman who was dealing with the transfer no longer works for them and i should contact him in future. Since then ive tried to contact him in many ways and never get a reply.

Administrator

have you tried contacting them by registered mail?

are they holding money for you?
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

yeah that's true you should contact them by registered mail and state that you want a signature......dang

Complaints against attorneys should be directed to the General Legal Council which is the statutory body clothed with the authority to monitor and regulate attorneysí professional conduct. If you are able to prove an offence dealing with professional misconduct, the matter would be heard before the Disciplinary Committee of the General Legal Council. A panel of three attorneys would decide what sanctions if any under Section 12(4) of the Legal Professional Act should be imposed, which includes the possible striking off the record of attorneys entitled to practice and suspension of attorneys.

The General Legal Council may be reached at 78 Harbour Street, Kingston
    www.generallegalcouncil.org Tel: (876) 922-2319 or (876)924-9190 or [email protected]

http://www.jambar.org/faqs.htm
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>