• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Japan and Bali

Re: Japan and Bali

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lapassionata - I second everything that Laurel said - your beauty and serenity really shines from inside out... and your strength and wisdom shows in your commentary and general outlook.

I know this is not a report on you but I had to add my 2 cents on that.

This is definitely one of my favorite reports of all time on this board ( and I have read many!) </div></div>

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this comment? Thank you so much Jazz for saying this I keep coming back to read what I wrote and looking at the pictures when I need a boost, and today I find myself stratospherically boosted! I've been wandering in and out of these forums since I was an undergraduate at a university where most of the black students were from the African continent, and the caribbean student's association just pretty much threw big parties. Most of my colleagues couldn't even point out Jamaica on a map! So imagine how overjoyed I was to find this website where Jamaicans and Jamaica-lovers assembled, and being Jamaican was just a fact of life and not a marker of your immigrant past, disadvantaged present and (inevitably criminal) future

So believe me when I say you ladies have inspired me; from your travels and your challenges and whatever of your lives you've chosen to share here, I have most definitely been inspired. Like I wrote to Seveen, I've been lurking, but I've been learning.
    ...I have promises to keep
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    -Robert Frost

Re: Japan and Bali

LaPassionata

I am sure we all look forward to following along with you in the future.

Re: Japan and Bali -

Lapassion...

Your friend in Tokyo... Have you heard from her?

Hi SandiF...You know my friend got married to her Canadian fiance and moved here late last year. Her family back in Japan is ok, but wow, I feel it for them and the country. Hard to believe that kind of devastation took place...
    ...I have promises to keep
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    -Robert Frost

Lapassion... Thought about you and your friend over the weekend glad they are ok
    Not all those who wander are lost. J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

glad to hear they are ok Lapassion

Same here.