• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easta Bun

Easta Bun

oonu keep up de tradition? oonu get ie yet? Got mine today [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] here come di calories [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wha kinna cheese oonu eat ie wid? .I finally gave up on the Jamaican cheese..Cracker Barrel extra sharp chedda works weill [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

"Winter is coming"
    "Hear me roar"
    "Ours is the fury"

Re: Easta Bun

mi to Arjen bout de cheese....but girl fi years mi nuh test yard bun an dis year a strickly dat we a go eat [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

yes tradition big in my family bun an cheese an fish dats it

G2..I hope urs is betta dan mine...de darn ting too dry [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70394-bawlout.gif[/img] but me wi gawn eat ie sed way [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Don't know when you last went to JA..but I'm curious to see what you think of how yard cookings changed.

An Indian friend once sed to me.."the Indians who live in England are more Indian than the ones at home" I wander if that's not chroo about Jamaicans in some ways... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70402-thinking.gif[/img] Not a bad thing either way..juss that they move on and the ones abroad get stuck on how tings used to be

"Winter is coming"
    "Hear me roar"
    "Ours is the fury"

This is SO true.

Arjen - why did you give up on the JA cheese??

(I hear you on the Cracker Barrel though - I always pictured it as a good substitute)

I'm one of those Jamaicans stuck in a time warp..its too overprocessed..I never developed a tast for American cheese because it was soo processed [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70400-talktohand.gif[/img] now come to fine de jamaican one has become even more so [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

"Winter is coming"
    "Hear me roar"
    "Ours is the fury"

[ QUOTE ]
    oonu keep up de tradition? oonu get ie yet? Got mine today [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img] here come di calories [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wha kinna cheese oonu eat ie wid? .I finally gave up on the Jamaican cheese..Cracker Barrel extra sharp chedda works weill [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hubby, who is Jamaican, must have bun and JA cheese for Easter. We haven't purchased yet but soon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    Castlemtn

no i don't keep the tradition specifically for easter. but i have one son who LOVES bun and cheese. so, it's a regular part of the food budget.
    When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

i love the bun, not a big cheese eater, but my son loves them both, so i will do the season.

I've never been able to figure out how this tradition started..I know that the Brits love sharp cheeses with sweet things. My god, I've had some orgasmic sandwichs/salads. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img] Any ideas?

"Winter is coming"
    "Hear me roar"
    "Ours is the fury"