• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: QUIZ OF THE MONTH (Easy)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    St. Catherine is the largest parish..mi memba dat fram all age school. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mussi been loooong time ago! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuh know Magic dis mek mi guh likkle research, and of course mi get conflicting results...some website seh St. Ann is the largest parish and some say it's St. Catherine.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

http://www.discoverjamaica.com/glean...phy/polgol.htm

Magic check dis out..cawse I know I didn't hear wrong.

i thought st catherine was the biggest too..unless dem sheg up the map in recent years.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

[ QUOTE ]
    i thought st catherine was the biggest too..unless dem sheg up the map in recent years.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DWL!! a dat mi dey yah wanda to.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yuh larn something new every day...ahh well...

Administrator

[ QUOTE ]
    http://www.discoverjamaica.com/glean...phy/polgol.htm

Magic check dis out..cawse I know I didn't hear wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed, ep. The Gleaner claims that St. Catherine is the largest parish. However most other official sources list St. Catherine as the third largest parish.

According to the Jamaican Ministry of FOreign Affairs St. Catherine's land area of 1192.4 sq. km. is eclipsed by the second largest parish in the country, St. Elizabeth which has an area of 1212.4 sq. km. The data for St. Ann is missing from this source.

The Statistical Institute of Jamaica ranks the top three parishes with St. Ann (1213 sq. km.) narrowly beating St. Elizabeth (1212 sq. km) and St. Catherine trailing both of the above with 1192 sq. km.

Other outside sources such as Reference.com also confirm this.

Since St. Bess and St. Ann are so close to each other, I will give points to the Boardites who selected those parishes at the nation's largest. But St. Catherine is definately not the largest at this time, at least not officially.

Do what you must Magic...but like I said the facts seem to be conflicting....ah well...

Administrator

yes ep. hope you have no hard feelings. I believe that St. Catherine may have been taught to be the largest in school because the methods used to measure its borders change over time. With the borders of St. Bess passing through the corrugated Cockpit Country, and oth other two parishes' borders cut up and down through some rought terrain too it would be difficult to measure too. Even with today's GPS technology.

That's why for the purposes of this, I'm going with the Statistical Institute of Jamaica results.

[ QUOTE ]

St. Ann are so close to each other, I will give points to the Boardites who selected those parishes at the nation's largest.

[/ QUOTE ] DAs all mi did waan hear [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Administrator

You can say that Quiz (Easy) will be graded on 'a curve'. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nah man how mi fi hav nuh hard feelings [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...like mi seh yuh larn something new everyday [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

A jus hope dem nah teach dat ina school nuh more [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]