• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator

POLL OF THE WEEK - Favourite Beach

Vote for your favourite Jamaican beach, and then post below to explain what you like about it. If your beach in not listed, [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] write-ins are accepted.

Dishwasher

Re: POLL OF THE WEEK - Favourite Beach

The 7-Mile strip is my favorite. I like it because it offers the chance to swim in clear waters, chill in the shade or people watch [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Administrator

Thanks Xavier. Now why the rest a unu like the beaches you voted for?

Frenchman's Cove

Beauty beyond anything I could imagine …..Secluded place where I can meditate and just feel at peace
    Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Administrator

I spent the afternoon last week at James Bond Beach. Haven't been there in a decade. It wasn't crowded, the water was nice, and the atmosphere most relaxing. Costs $200J to get in.

Hi Magic - tks for the poll [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] - Long Beach is my 1st choice with Frenchman's a very,very close second - Long Beach is so serene one can experience real peace being there.
    To everything there is a season and [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] always in season

Administrator

[ QUOTE ]
    Long Beach is so serene one can experience real peace being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ture, always can relax at Long Beach. But you must admit the water is sort of rough for swimming though.

Honestly, I haven't spent much time at beaches outside TB, but then I have no reason to.
    Maybe someday I'll see some of the more placid beaches like in Negril, but for now, I'm quite content. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

I voted for Winnifred, because not only is it beautiful and NOT lined with hotels or anything else, but it has a unique vibe that I think is a lot because it is public and free. On a related note:

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone who has enjoyed Winnifred beach, in Portland, JA, should know that the beach is still under the threat of privatization and development. If you have enjoyed the beach and believe that every country's people should have the right to have access to some of their shoreline for swimming, fishing, family playing and picnic-ing, without having to pay a fee, please write a short note of support and send it to John Maxwell (Columnist for The Observer newspaper.): [email protected]

John Maxwell is doing his part to support the the local organization of residents, small business people and others who are fighting to keep Winnifred and many other threatened beaches in JA from becoming the walled off compounds so prevelant in Spain and other parts of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Hello Magic,

I love a nice invigorating challenging swim at Cable Hut with yard food afterwards.
    I love the crystal clear waters of Boston Beach with a delicious jerk cooked meal afterwards.
    So for this hungry belly man, the best beach is in direct relation to what food is available when I get out the water.
    Hellshire Beach is nice for a swim out to the reef and beyond with delicious fried fish afterwards.
    In my humble opinion, the Portland area has the most amounts of fantastic beaches with food readily available afterwards.
    “Q”. Your TB area has some lovely swimming places as there is a nice current offering this challenge.
    Hector´s River has a nice cove that is ideal and not packed with tourists.
    Negril beaches are lovely to look at and attract the families with kids and good for people who are happy to wade.
    This is mostly true of many of the beaches on the north coast.
    Kindness is the language which
    the deaf can hear and the blind can see.