• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

COMPETITION RECIPES 12/06 - 12/10

POst this weeks competition recipes here...

RULES:

1. The recipe must be ORIGINAL - that means if mi google it and fine it posted elsewhere you will be disqualified (unless of course you were the person that originally posted it there)

2. You may enter only one dish per week - however you are free to enter every week if you so desire.

3. It must be something that you have made an nuh jus mek up inna yu head

4. The recipe must include measurable ingredients and distinct instructions on how to prepare the dish (eg. fling een likkle peppa wid de wata is not acceptable)

5. You may post your submissions Sunday to Friday of each week

6. Voting begins end of day on Friday and will run through the weekend and Monday

7. A winner will be announced by end of day each Monday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
    MAY THE BEST COOK WIN!!!</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">
    A LA CUISINE!!!</span>

Re: COMPETITION RECIPES 12/06 - 12/10

nat even WAN recipe dis week - oonu is very wutliss an disgusting!!!!

mi ah go jus tek de prize fe miself

<span style="font-style: italic">***look fe de lif up dress an show baggy icon***</span>

Okay,
    This is a recipe that no one seems to know about and is so good to eat but because it is so simple that it won't win unless the judges try it themselves.

My wife and I discovered this while staying at my house in Sheffield years ago.

I've written about this before but no one seems to have tried it and probably because it just sounds so simple and ordinary.

Do you like cheese? Do you like bread ? LIke grilled cheese sandwiches?
    Well, this is something like it but something that is quite different.

TRY IT.

Fried Cheese Bread

Ingredients:
    1) New York extra sharp cheddar cheese (in the USA) or New Zealand cheddar inna Jamaica. Do not use any other kind of cheese especially American cheese or that processed cheese that is so popular in Jamaica because they lack the oil that cheddar has and which is essential to this recipe. American cheese will burn and the Jamaican cheese refuses to melt unless you use a blow torch.

2) Sliced sourdough bread or any good substantial bread you like (USA) or
    cocobread in Jamaica.
    Personally I prefer cocobread.

That's it for ingredients.

Cooking:

Get a cast iron frying pan if you have one OR a teflon frying pan if you haven't.
    Either will work.

Put it on a low flame.

Cut the cheese in slices about 1/8&quot; thick and enough to cover the bread slice or a cocobread cut in half the flat way.

Place the cheese on the frying pan. NO, not the bread, the CHEESE. That's right put the cheese right on the frying pan and then put the bread on top of it.

Let it cook s--l--o--w--l--y . The cheese will melt and some of the oil and cheese will separate and run out from under the bread but most will be absorbed by the bread. Just leave it alone and go get a cup of coffee.

Check it in about oh, six minutes and when you can see the edges just turning brown,
    flip it over. SURPRISE! it didn't stick!
    Don't flip it over too soon. Wait for signs of browning.
    When you do flip it over and find that the cheese is not completely golden brown, flip it back over and cook it a bit more.

When it is all golden brown. Eat it.
    Great for breakfast with eggs. Great with ham and eggs on it . Great with Grace hot sauce dotted on it.
    The cocobread version has about 400 calories if you do both halves so don't be smoking any appetite stimulator.

Report back on this when you've tried it.

I introduced my sister to it when I visited her in Florida and she or I made it every morning for about a week straight at her request.
    She put on a few pounds while I was there.

I spoke to her the other day and she said; &quot; Guess what I'm eating right now&quot;

Right, Fried Cheese Bread.
    Question authority.

My stuff: http://www.etsy.com/shop/landandseaglass

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

The proof if the recipe is in the eating if the finished product.

Who is delegated This test them?

It would Bea Good suggestion for the Foodie board to sponsor the testing And judging of recipes then on That basis recommend those That they like the outcome.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The proof if the recipe is in the eating if the finished product.

Who is delegated This test them?

It would Bea Good suggestion for the Foodie board to sponsor the testing And judging of recipes then on That basis recommend those That they like the outcome. </div></div>

Doc. Let's test these recipes together. Your place or mine?

Jazz mi cyaan type a thing this week but if you want u can cut and paste the encounter with rappini thing in here and next 2 weeks mi goin bizzy again so nothing from me.

I'm definitely going to try the cheese bread. Sounds good. Probably will try for breakfast one morning over the holidays.

The rappini was delicious! I had that earlier this week.

I was trying to type up a recipe but cannot get the quantities right so I'm going to make it again and pay attention to what I'm doing this time. I'll be ready for the next competition.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Maybe I can win this thing with my Rapini on fried cheese bread recipe..
    Question authority.

I like fried cheese

<span style="font-size: 8pt">or even just micro waved</span>

No, Tanya,

You do have to fry it and it does have to be extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Out of curiosity, what is the procedure you use for microwaving cheese?
    I've never done it before. Does it brown?
    Question authority.