• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: COMPETITION RECIPES 12/06 - 12/10

Johnnycakes!!!! I didn't even bother to run the poll - you are the winner by a LANDSLIDE!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jazz,

Did I win because no one else entered?
    In that case I also came in last place as well.

Do I have to go to Oslo AGAIN for my Piece (of bread) Prize ?

AND.... did anyone actually try the Fried Cheese Bread?

DO it. Run out to the store right now and get some extra sharp cheddar and some nice crunchy bread and have this for a late night snack or for breakfast tomorrow morning.

This is something that I posted because it is so good I'd like to share it with the world. Everyone I've made it for loves it and makes it at their home after they tried it.

I'm usually so mean to everyone in these fora that I thought I'd make it up to you all in part with this recipe (if you can call it a recipe).

I'd love some feedback from anyone who tries it.

and don't dead from overeating.
    Question authority.

My stuff: http://www.etsy.com/shop/landandseaglass

Congrats JC! (doesn't matter how or why lol)

I am going to try it over the holidays when I have many more people here to help me eat it. Planning to cook it for breakfast one morning, and if it does not taste good then I'll be right back on here to let you know. I don't see how it cold go wrong though with all that cheese.

I'm unsure about the type of bread because I usually buy whole wheat. I'll figure out something though and yes, I know - extra sharp cheddar lol.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnycakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jazz,

Did I win because no one else entered?
    In that case I also came in last place as well.

Do I have to go to Oslo AGAIN for my Piece (of bread) Prize ?

AND.... did anyone actually try the Fried Cheese Bread?

DO it. Run out to the store right now and get some extra sharp cheddar and some nice crunchy bread and have this for a late night snack or for breakfast tomorrow morning.

This is something that I posted because it is so good I'd like to share it with the world. Everyone I've made it for loves it and makes it at their home after they tried it.

I'm usually so mean to everyone in these fora that I thought I'd make it up to you all in part with this recipe (if you can call it a recipe).

I'd love some feedback from anyone who tries it.

and don't dead from overeating. </div></div>

I'm going get coco bread to try it over school holiday. We LOVE grilled cheese on hard dough in this house. So I bet we will love it.

I tried it and it was very good. I used a white sharp cheddar instead of my usual choice of extra sharp yellow. The bread was a dense one that I had to slice.

it was great and went over very well with the family.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.