• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Administrator
    I have been to Portland but like to stay a full week at least in Portland..

Would like to explore more of the eastern parishes
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Administrator
    I went here a couple times back in the 80's ...did not even know he name of the place

its the headwaters of the rio bueno in st ann

Dornock River Head Rising, St. Ann

its you turn up towards clarke's town from discovery bay
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

By far, Portland is my favourite parish... A few times driving from St Andrew to Portland, instead of heading into the general direction towards Annotto Bay, we went... I think north-east onto smaller road then head straight east. We were in some of the most beautiful areas... naturally it was all in the Blue Mountain range areas... ended up on dead end roads which locals told us "nutten nuh down dey so ... a dead end man, yu fi turn back" lol! Somehow we got into Moores Town. I'll have to dig up the pictures but that day mi sey man, Jamaica a really God bless country... the nature scenery was out of the world. If there is a heaven, mi feel sey it was right in that area. I could do that trip again.. we were lost but I was navigating and making notes.

Quote Originally Posted by kia027 View Post
    I have been to Portland but like to stay a full week at least in Portland..

Would like to explore more of the eastern parishes

that look like a Cotton tree... if I'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    I went here a couple times back in the 80's ...did not even know he name of the place

its the headwaters of the rio bueno in st ann

Dornock River Head Rising, St. Ann

its you turn up towards clarke's town from discovery bay

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SandiF View Post
    By far, Portland is my favourite parish... A few times driving from St Andrew to Portland, instead of heading into the general direction towards Annotto Bay, we went... I think north-east onto smaller road then head straight east. We were in some of the most beautiful areas... naturally it was all in the Blue Mountain range areas... ended up on dead end roads which locals told us "nutten nuh down dey so ... a dead end man, yu fi turn back" lol! Somehow we got into Moores Town. I'll have to dig up the pictures but that day mi sey man, Jamaica a really God bless country... the nature scenery was out of the world. If there is a heaven, mi feel sey it was right in that area. I could do that trip again.. we were lost but I was navigating and making notes.
    one of my favourite trips is the drive from kingston up through newcastle and over the hill down into buff bay.
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....