• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mout' watering ground beef recipe

grandma2, it's such a long time I haven't visited you...mi shame, but mi making up my long absence by giving you one of my authentic recipes. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mout’ watering ground beef recipe

1 ½ lb lean ground beef
    1 large yellow onion, diced
    1 large green sweet pepper, diced
    ¼ cup green olives, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 Jalapeno pepper
    2 large yellow banana pepper
    ½ teaspoon lemon pepper salt
    ½ teaspoon black pepper
    1 cup Dannon’s vanilla yogurt (I have no doubt that plain yogurt is usable)
    1 teaspoon parsley leaves, minced finely
    1 teaspoon basil leaves, minced finely
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 teaspoon chives, minced finely
    Cooking spray (olive oil flavour)
    ½ tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium sized cucumber, sliced thinly and cut in 1/4s
    2 tablespoon capers, drained

Preparation

1) Heat up frying pan (preferably non-stick wide pan) and spray liberally with cooking spray
    Place ground beef in pan and turn constantly, also add in the lemon/pepper salt, and the black pepper. Once ground beef is cooked, remove it from pan/fire and place it into a bowl. Set aside. Turn down the heat very low; leaving the frying pan on the burner.

Place the sliced/diced/minced ingredients (onion, green sweet pepper, green olives, garlic clove, jalapeno pepper, yellow banana pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, chives) and place it into a separate bowl, mix the plain (or vanilla flavored) yogurt into the veggies. Mix generously, then place this mixture into the bowl with the cooked ground beef and mix well!

Add the ½ tablespoon olive oil to the pan, then add the ground beef mixture back into the pan. Keep turning often on a low heat, cook until the onion, and peppers start to look tender/slightly cooked; then add the cucumbers and capers. Continue turning on the low heat and let it cook for another 8 mins.

Serve on a bed of hot rice, or in a pasta mix, or as a taco something.

Enjoy!

Re: Mout' watering ground beef recipe

Sandi my dear...ya know me love you like cook food...but dis sound kinda yucky...I dont know...I guess its the green olive, VANILLA yogurt part dat sound not so right. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img]

Everything else sound nice! Since I trust you like fambly...me will try it and mek you know if my mout watta too!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Sandi my dear...ya know me love you like cook food...but dis sound kinda yucky...I dont know...I guess its the green olive, VANILLA yogurt part dat sound not so right. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img]

Everything else sound nice! Since I trust you like fambly...me will try it and mek you know if my mout watta too!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...but then again great food combinations are never discovered if u afraid to try something new...
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

Oh lord Ochi, mi heart felt good when you trust like fambily. ((Ochigal)) You know how mi love tun mi han mek fashin. Gwaan go try the recipe...trust me even though it ask for yogurt, it came out stupendous!!