• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dishwasher

Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

A warm welcome to US Immigration Attorney Nadine A. Brown. Please post your US Immigration questions here. Ms Brown will be responding between 11- 4 PM tomorrow, October 17th 2006.

You can visit her website: www.nadinebrownpa.com
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Re: Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

Welcome to Jamaicans.com Ms. Brown. What is your advise for a Canadian citizen looking to work in the US on a long term basis? Is it advisable to obtain a job offer first or should the person apply for a work permit first?

Thank you in advance for your response.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Welcome Ms Brown, further to Compry's question, I am in the process of purchasing property in Florida. Will it be easier for me to obtain my working permit?
    If you feel a little useless, offended or depressed. Always remember that <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU</span> were once the fastest &amp; most victorious little sperm out of millions!

Administrator

Welcome Ms Brown to Jamaicans.com [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

What are the 'hot' jobs lately for people who are entering under H1 visas?
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

I have a friend that would like to visit, but I have no intentions of getting married. Is there some way, non-fraudulent that my life partner can come to the U.S., and leave then return without me getting married to him? He has no intention to stay in the U.S., because his children usually live with him, but can stay with their mother if he visits for short stays.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Welcome Miss Brown [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
    Can a child with an immigrant visa (step mother filed / is US citizen) go to school in Jamaica after spending a about 2 years in the US? Can he be gone just short of 6 months at a time on a regular basis or would he lose his resident status.

Welcome to the Board Ms Brown.

My question is this: What is the process if a UK citizen wants to marry a US citizen and move to the US? Generally speaking, how long could it take?

Thanks

Disclaimer: This isn't about me [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]

Welcome
    1. I would like to know how much does it cost to file papers for permanent residency?

2. Will the papers go through quicker if you use a lawyer to do the filing than just doing it yourself? if so with the lawyer about how long does it take?

3. Whats the average cost to get a lawyer to do this on your behalf?

4. How much would you charge?

5. How do you go about checking on the progress of papers already filed?
    Happy New Year I'm such a happy camper

Hello Ms. Brown,

A friend of mine will be filing a K-1 visa for her fiance. Two of his four children will be included in the visa application.

My friend has the following questions and concerns:

1. Will it be difficult to file for the other two children later? They are both under 13.

2. At what point in the application process will her fiance be allowed to travel to the US?

3. Will his children have to travel with him at the same time, or can they come a little later?

Thank you for your assistance.
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Welcome to the boards Ms. Brown [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]