• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

well,, since me dis a come in late, mek me put in my questions too...
    tonks.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A friend of mine, was just jailed for lack of child support, and domestic charges tht was two years old.
    He was released on bond, but has a deportation hearing soon.
    He has since told me that he think thats the lawyers for the procecution will be digging up in his background and he is worried.
    Is this the case, and if so, what kinda charges are they looking for that kinda says that they will deport u on these charges.
    He is not a citizen, but had a permanent resident card, (which he lost), when he was overseas in the US Navy..
    He served 8 years of military service.
    He is also presently married to a US citizen for about 7 years but never filed for citizenship.
    whats his changes of being deported?
    thanks for your response.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

A hearty welcome to you Ms Brown. I have been a permanent resident in the USA for 28 years.I worked there for a few years until I started working overseas for some time now.In 2005 I applied for US citizenship and I was denied on the grounds that I have not been physically living there continuously for 5 years prior to applying, even though I maintain my residence and pay all my taxes. can you through some light on this please. Also why is that I am obligated to pay my taxes; if according to them I don't live there? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Speak the truth and speak it ever. The truth shall set you free. If that doesn't work, LIE

Hello,
    Your question was about Canadian citizens coming to the US for permanent work...A Canadian has a unique opportunity to obtain a TN visa based on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). You can obtain this visa at any US Embassy in Canada or at a border check point provided that you have copies of your resume and diplomas with a letter from a prospective employer detailing job functions and duties. This TN visa is for professionals primarily and are issued in one year increments.

Ivoree,

Your question is whether purchasing property in Florida will facilitate getting a work permit. Well, you can purchase property in Florida or anywhere for that matter as an investor, but it will not get you a work permit. A work permit also called an Employment Authorization Document is a benefit of already being in the process of applying for residency. Residency is gained either through sponsorship by an employer or immediate relative family member. Unfortunately, buying property doesn't give you eligibility for getting documents, only a nice place to visit on holiday.

how can I sponsor stranger to the USa the person sheis in her 20's I am a US citizen Ja resident.
    Let me use my head and not my heart

Kia,

Hot jobs for H1 Visas are in the computer industry, decision information systems, nursing, physical therapy, and any technical profession. Really H1 visas are for professionals with at least a bachelors degree so almost any area of industry can apply IF you have a skill in high demand and that is found by doing a job search and checking the colleges and universities for cutting edge career fields.

<font color="blue">Good afternoon Ms. Brown.

How difficult is it to get a visitor's visa from Jamaica and how long does it take? (Realistically, not what's posted on the website.) </font>

QueenB,

You may invite your special friend to come visit temporarily by submitting a formal letter of invitation. This requires not only an obvious type written letter, but documentation that you are able to provide room and board and pay for his medical expenses should the need arise. You can do this by completing a short form Affidavit of Support and mailing it to him so that he can present the paperwork to the US Embassy ( I presume in Kingston) and they should issue him a visitor's visa for tourism If he can prove that he has property in JA and a job and is likely to return there rather than abuse the visa and stay here...

QueenB,

You can formally invite your special friend to visit by sending him a type written letter of invitation with supporting documentation illustrating your ability to provide room and board and pay for any medical expenses he may have while here if the need arises. This is done by not only writing the letter but by completing a short form Immigration Affidavit of Support and providing your last year income tax statement and bank letters. A consular officer at the Embassy should issue a visitor's visa provided he can demonstrate that he has a job in JA and property there and is most likely to return.