• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Uganda & Kenya

Uganda & Kenya

It's my last night in Kenya. It's almost 1:30 a.m.; I need sleep but the music in downtown Nairobi is so loud and it's definitely not my kind of music. Last night I was on the Masai Mala Safari where the lights went out at 10:00 p.m. leaving behind sounds that were not familiar to me but very soothing. In no time I was asleep. Tonight it's a different story. Dem Kenyan love dance-hall reggae music.

It will definitely take me some time to share this journey. I won't upload pictures until I get home but I will attempt not to drag this out.

Our journey began late last year when I was invited to be part of the trip of a lifetime to Uganda and Kenya. Money was non-existent but I said yes I would go. With the help of very generous donors, I was able to make the trip. Armed (pun intended) with my vaccinations, necessary medications, suntan lotion (which I didn't open), mosquito destroyer, Off Deep Woods 8 hour, Avon Skin-so-soft, very light clothing because I'm going to Africa...it's hot in Africa...big mistake, all the donations that I had collected for the orphans and whatever else I could make fit into the two 50lbs luggage and 26lbs carry-on.

I left Toronto at 5:30 p.m. on June 11th, arrived into Amsterdam on June 12th, 6:00 a.m. local time, waited until 8:00 a.m. for the team from the US to join me. At 10:40 a.m. we departed Amsterdam and began the very long journey to Entebbe, Uganda. On a flight that long, 13 hours, there's only so much reading I can do so I had to occupy myself by causing some type of mischieve. Please pray for me....God isn't through with me as yet.

To be continued when I get home.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Re: Uganda & Kenya

Hurry up...

Masai Mara... last night I was looking at my pics of trip through Kenya and Tanzania. Still the best trip to date.

I'm waiting with abated breath for your report and pictures. I'm excited! Hurry up Compray and safe journey home.

wow can't wait for this report

safe travel home Compray

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SandiF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurry up...

Masai Mara... last night I was looking at my pics of trip through Kenya and Tanzania. Still the best trip to date.

I'm waiting with abated breath for your report and pictures. I'm excited! Hurry up Compray and safe journey home. </div></div>

SandiF, this will not be a &quot;SandiF report&quot;, but I will try my best. I got ill on the last leg of the journey. Arrived home yesterday and I'm trying to recover. I have about 800 pictures to upload and sort through.

I have visited a few places and by far, even though this was a ministry trip so I worked hard, it's the best trip I've taken so far. From the time spent in the remote villages to being on the Masai Mari to driving up the Great Rift on the way to Nairobi...oh my God...East Africa is absolutely beautiful and breath taking.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ms Exced</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow can't wait for this report

safe travel home Compray </div></div>

Bless you Ms Exced, I thank God for traveling mercies. That was a long trip home, especially being sick but I made it. I'm home in the comforts of my bed.

rest up and get well Compray. we nah go no where

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a long trip home, especially being sick but I made it. I'm home in the comforts of my bed. </div></div>

ahhhh ((((Compray)))))), u did make it to Africa,

glad you're back home safe and sound,

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very light clothing because I'm going to Africa...it's hot in Africa...big mistake</div></div>

I could have told you that much.

It's after one 48F (9C) evening spent trying to stay warm next to a fireplace in Nairobi, I now pack a jacket ALL the time when I travel!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very light clothing because I'm going to Africa...it's hot in Africa...big mistake</div></div>

I could have told you that much.

It's after one 48F (9C) evening spent trying to stay warm next to a fireplace in Nairobi, I now pack a jacket ALL the time when I travel! </div></div>

Now you tell mi. I am finally getting over the flu or something that I picked up. It was bad. Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery now.

It always tickles me to travel into a different timezone and experience sunrise when it's night time in my zone.

Sunrise at 11:26 p.m. Toronto time....very cool.

Cool clouds