• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Administrator

Re: Bammy or Festival?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ms Exced</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bammy and steam fish with nuff pepper </div></div>

Pepper and steamfish with nuff bammy!

unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........
    McGee mi only buy my bammy at the Santa Cruz market
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........
    McGee mi only buy my bammy at the Santa Cruz market </div></div>

It look seh propa bammy soon extinct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A whey name steam bammy Pappi? Me come from low land we bammy nyam every day of the year and we never, ever steam bammy yet. Please give me the recipe. Tks. </div></div>

Mek a show yuh a whole new world of bammy!

Bammy Man on a Mission
    </div></div>

dem bammy tuh tick...
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> dem bammy tuh tick... </div></div>

aye. u seet doah wallie. that's what the commercialization process has wrought. the thin, floppy bammy is a thing of the past, or only available in the home.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Administrator

dis chread is wutliss widout <span style="text-decoration: line-through">pics</span> thin floppy home-made bammy samples cut in bite-size squares an pierced wid a toothick...

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........

and not at Border or from the lady in mandeville?
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........

It look seh propa bammy soon extinct? </div></div>

no way
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Administrator

Kia you need to start sell bammy a Boardlane!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A whey name steam bammy Pappi? Me come from low land we bammy nyam every day of the year and we never, ever steam bammy yet. Please give me the recipe. Tks. </div></div>

Mek a show yuh a whole new world of bammy!

Bammy Man on a Mission
    </div></div>

dem bammy tuh tick... </div></div>

You seet no Wally - bammy dem tick so till - people no waan mek and eat bammy like we used to - all dem want is rice and more rice. Every day we nyam bammy and fried fish. I crater cassava until my fingers bleed when I was a youngster. All you need is the round ring to put on the pot and bake your bammies the right consistency. Until the day I die I still know how to make bammy, starch and corn dumpling from scratch. All dem people a talk bout new fangle wraps - awey dem think we used to do with bammy - wrap up curried lobster, curry crabs and fish (pick out the bones first), even stew peas we used to wrap up in our bammy.
    Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous