• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Latest Blog Post

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mangoskin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">happy holi-day!
    I'll be glad when you get the pics thing fixed...

must be alot, if they have more holidays than UK </div></div>

Mango - dem done out the holidays mek de res ah de world cyaan get none \o/

Let me show you something... this is just Year to Date

<span style="text-decoration: underline">PUBLIC HOLIDAYS</span>
    January - 26 Thursday Republic Day
    February - 5 Sunday Milad-Un-Nabi ( Id-E-Milad )
    (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)
    February - 20 Monday Maha Shivratri
    March - 08 Thursday Holi

<span style="text-decoration: underline">HINDU FESTIVALS</span>
    January - 14 Saturday Makar Sakranti
    January - 28 Monday Vasant Panchami
    March - 23 Friday Hindi New Year (Gudi Padawa)

<span style="text-decoration: underline">OTHER HOLIDAYS</span>
    New Year's Day - January 01 - Sunday (Pausha 11 - Saka Era 1933)
    Makar Sankranti - January 14 - Saturday (Pausha 24 - 1933)
    Pongal - January 15 - Sunday (Pausha 25 - 1933)
    Basanta Panchami /Sri Panchami - January 28 - Saturday (Magha 08 - 1933)
    Guru Ravidas' birthday - February 07 - Tuesday (Magha 18 - 1933)
    Swami Dayananda Saraswati Jayanti - February 16 - Thursday (Magha 27 - 1933)
    Shivaji Jayanti - February 19 - Sunday (Magha 30 - 1933)
    Holika Dahan - March 07 - Wednesday (Phalguna 17 - 1933)
    Chaitra Sukladi/Gudi Padava/ Ugadi/Cheti Chand - March 23 - Friday (Chaitra 03 - Saka Era 1934)

There are also <span style="text-decoration: underline">BANK HOLIDAYS</span> some of which coincide with some of these but they do have some that are just arbitrary
    There are also <span style="text-decoration: underline">STATE GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS</span> - these are different from the regular government holidays and vary from State to State...

And they love to PARTY! who knew - I never thought of them as a party type of people but ti turns out they very much are... Party as often as they can in-between the holidays... and the holidays involve a lot of dancing and Whiskey drinking LOL

Pic thing - I think an end is in sight.. we&quot;ll see - thanks for being patient despite the challenges

Re: Jazz - Mumbai India

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChurchDude</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... it was hectic over the holidays an ting cause I was from India to US to Jamaica back to US and then back to India - but mi kinda settle back now...</div></div>Hiya That's a lot of flying. Hopefully you are collecting points, miles, or whatever. I have been looking in every now and again on your blog and thanks for the updates. Quite the labour of love I would imagine Is your being in India a temporary move? I don't recall reading if it was. Stay safe and watch out for those mopeds! </div></div>

Hey Churchdude long time nuh see - glad to see you face about the place. Yes the miles are decent... I guess that's one perk - thanks for checking in on the blog... We are here (in INdia) for 2 years...
    I think by mopeds you mean the Rickshaws - they are a piece of work indeed! I have to do an update on the traffic in MUmbai - it is sooo crazy!

Re: Latest Blog Post

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SandiF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jazz!

I hope you took pics of Holi Day for us...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today is HOli Day - it is a big holiday in India... I did a short blog post about it and put up a small video...

Now I am heading out to join in the excitement! More later! CIAO and SMOOCHES!

http://blogs.jamaicans.com/jerkmasal...i-day-holiday/ </div></div> </div></div>

I did SandiF - I am uploading them today - I guess you:ll see them when you wake up...

I did miss most of the excitement though - apparent;ty things reach a fever pitch with the color throwing around 10 or so in the morning - then they go home around 12 -1 PM to clean up and eat and then do excessive amounts of drinking... my driver emphasized that it has to be A LOT of drinking

I didn;t leave the house until about 1 PM so I just caught some of the stragglers... Next year I will know better.

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChurchDude</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... it was hectic over the holidays an ting cause I was from India to US to Jamaica back to US and then back to India - but mi kinda settle back now...</div></div>Hiya That's a lot of flying. Hopefully you are collecting points, miles, or whatever. I have been looking in every now and again on your blog and thanks for the updates. Quite the labour of love I would imagine Is your being in India a temporary move? I don't recall reading if it was. Stay safe and watch out for those mopeds! </div></div>

Hey Churchdude long time nuh see - glad to see you face about the place. Yes the miles are decent... I guess that's one perk - thanks for checking in on the blog... We are here (in INdia) for 2 years...
    <span style="font-weight: bold">I think by mopeds you mean the Rickshaws</span> - they are a piece of work indeed! I have to do an update on the traffic in MUmbai - it is sooo crazy! </div></div>
    Oh yeah, those too I mentioned mopeds because whenever I see a documentary to do with India, there seems to be traffic gridlock and LOTS of bikes. Looking forward to the traffic update
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

OOps! sorry!! yes there are a LOT of bicycles on the road

Along with a lot of everything else...
    I guess I should pay better attention to whether they are mopeds or not.

I updated the blog with the pics I took yesterday...

Oh is dat the one when dem fling all the color powder pan yuh ? Dem dweet here in queens too. Been reading the blog but mi just haven't made a comment yet. Just as I was typing this dem ask a question pan Mumbai

(mi a watch geography bee at likklegen school)
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh is dat the one when dem fling all the color powder pan yuh ? Dem dweet here in queens too. Been reading the blog but mi just haven't made a comment yet. Just as I was typing this dem ask a question pan Mumbai

(mi a watch geography bee at likklegen school) </div></div>

Yes that one Gen... All traditions eventually find their way to NY

DWL @ geography Bee - you are such a great Mom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OOps! sorry!! yes there are a LOT of bicycles on the road

Along with a lot of everything else... </div></div>

Cows!
    Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out - Jack Buck