• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Costa Rica

Costa Rica

I got picked to be part of the training team for the new call centre in Costa Rica at a time when I needed to get away. I recall my boss calling me into her office, asking me to close the door all the time having a serious look on her face. Immediately I thought either she was quitting or I was being let go. That's how serious the look was.

Anyway she advised me that I was the only person from Canada selected and she wanted to know if I had any objections. Objections????? The chance to do what I love doing, training...and in Costa Rica. Why would I have any objections?

I said yes I would go and plans were made. At first I couldn't get into the hotel where the other US trainers were staying however with Chrissy's help I did find a beautiful hotel which was even closer to the office. Two days before flying out I was told they had a space at the Intercontinental for me. I didn't object considering the room rates start at $280 and way up.

I ordered a cab to pick me up at 6:15 Saturday morning since my flight was at 9:00 a.m. The cab came at 6 a.m. I was ready anyway so I decided to leave. Got to airport, checked in, no problem. Got to the gate area and kept hearing about various flights being cancelled. Oh Lord, please don't let my flight be cancelled. Boarding time for my flight was 8:20 a.m. 8:20 a.m. came, 8:20 a.m. left...no announcement regarding my flight. OK. God knows best. Besides my sweetie prayed with me before I left, my mom prayed, Sweetssop called me while I was on the way to pray, (H)AnnA(H) prayed. Nothing will go wrong.

9:00 a.m. I'm looking out at the snowplows cleaning the runaway. Still no announcement about my flight. OK. No announcement means the flight is not cancelled. So I'll just relax and wait. Afterall I don't want the plane slipping and sliding all over the runway.

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Re: Costa Rica

I don't remember what time we finally boarded the plane but I do remember sitting on the tarmack (how you spell that) at Pearson's International Airport for 4 hours. There goes my plans for spending the afternoon discovering Costa Rica. I called Sweets and asked her to send a note to Chrissy advising her that my flight was delayed so I won't be meeting her at the planned time then I fell asleep.

I woke up in time to hear the pilot apologizing yet again and telling us that our plane is finally about to be de-iced. I couldn't get a good pic as my company travel department has a bad habit of booking aisle seats for me and because the flight was full, I couldn't change my seat.

After a long 45 minute process, we were de-iced and had to get in line to take off. That took quite a while, not sure how long since I fell asleep again.

We left Toronto after we were suppose to have landed in CR. Fun.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

wow! good for you! I loved Costa Rica when I visited some years ago. Which part of the country were you located? Btw, is that a couple kissing in your pic?

SandiF, I stayed in San Jose however the office is located in Santa Ana...which is not far anyway. A 10 to 15 minutes cab ride.

...and no they weren't kissing. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Just the angle I guess.

Costa Rica is very famous for their many volcanos. I found out from a Canadian who is now living there that there are over 200 volcanos in CR...but only a few that are still active.

Volcanos from the clouds per the pilot.

It was dark when we landed and in fine Compry style, I had made friends with another a Proctor and Gamble employee heading to CR to get their call centre up and running also. Since we were two females in a strange land heading to the same hotel we shared a cab.

Arrived at the hotel and there was Chrissy patiently waiting. I'm not sure who spotted who first but pretty soon we were hugging each other. We finally met after all these years. I checked in, put my stuff in my room...really nice room and then Chrissy and I took off to the Multi Plaza to grab a bite. She wanted Subway, I wanted something Costa Rican, we settled on Chinese instead. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

After dinner, I went back to the hotel to call it a night. We had a long day planned for Sunday so I needed rest.

Home away from home.

More soon.

you look fab.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Can't wait for the rest Compry!!!

Great start and great pics, glad you got your much needed time away!
    My tears do not compromise my strength

OHHHH this is gonna be SO GREAT Compry! You look so beautiful and at home in the photo! Are you still there? Hope so it's cold up narth!!!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was dark when we landed and in fine Compry style, I had made friends with another a Proctor and Gamble employee heading to CR to get their call centre up and running also. Since we were two females in a strange land heading to the same hotel we shared a cab.

Arrived at the hotel and there was Chrissy patiently waiting. I'm not sure who spotted who first but pretty soon we were hugging each other. We finally met after all these years. I checked in, put my stuff in my room...really nice room and then Chrissy and I took off to the Multi Plaza to grab a bite. She wanted Subway, I wanted something Costa Rican, we settled on Chinese instead. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

After dinner, I went back to the hotel to call it a night. We had a long day planned for Sunday so I needed rest.

Home away from home.

More soon. </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img] nice to meet you Compry

thanks for sharing this