• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Langkawi, Malaysia

So the child was on Spring Break and we decided to head to Malaysia, just so we could all see someplace new.

When we went to Sri Lanka last year (oops mi just remember that mi nuh post that trip report yet ) we were sorry that we didn't stay an extra 2 days so this time we booked for the entire week.

We really just wanted to rest and relax and decided that Langkawi seemed to offer more of that than anywhere else (based on internet descriptions and reviews).

The plan was to leave Friday night at 11:55 from Mumbai have a stopover in Kuala Lumpur and get to Langkawi at 9:25 Saturday morning.

Well things didn't quite work out that way. We arrived at the airport at the prescribed time.. stood in the looooong line - only to be told when we get to the counter that the flight has been cancelled due to technical difficulties and we won;t be able to fly out until midday Saturday.

We try to get on another flight but to no avail - it's late and all the flights are booked etc. - they offer to send us to a hotel room for the night but we refuse - we live in Mumbai so a hotel room is useless we would rather go back home.

We now try to find out if we will get our connection the next day into Langkawi - at this point we are concerned about paying for a day we won;t be able to utilize and also losing our reservation entirely. We are told by the Malaysia Airlines representative that we DEFINITELY will connect with a flight leaving KL at 8:30 the following night for Langkawi
    We are also told that they will give us an upgrade for the return journey.

So back home we go and fall into our beds at around 2 AM or so...

Re: Langkawi, Malaysia

We are awakened at 5AM with a call from the airline telling us that we need to be there by 9AM for a 1 PM flight \o/ - so off we go again...

we get our boarding passes and our bags are checked all the way through to Langkawi... and we again confirm with the Station Manager Milind that we will be upgraded for the flight back home.

Eventually we board and are settled in for the 5.5 hour flight to Kuala Lumpur - so we should be getting there by 6:30 Mumbai time... but there is a 2.5 hour time difference so that means we won;t be getting there until 8:30 Malaysia time....

WAIT A MINUTE DOESN'T OUR CONNECTION TO LANGKAWI LEAVE AT 8:30PM?????

Sure enough we get to KL and our connecting flight took off 10 minutes before we got there

but then we check out boarding passes and see that they actually never checked us on to the 8:30 PM flight... they had us staying overnight in KL and leaving on a Sunday morning flight to Langkawi

By this time I am LOSING it! I am disgusted with this airline and we can find no one to take any accountability for anything - nor do they show the least bit of concern about the losses we are incurring with the hotel, etc.

On top of that the representatives they had in KL (two undersized men) were extremely rude and disgusting. after realizing that we couldn't get an thing fixed that night we resigned ourselves to staying the night in KL ( they provided a room at the nearby Pan pacific hotel) but we told them we needed our bags (which they had checked all the way to Langkjawi knowing we had an overnight stop) \o/

So now little dude has to call on his walkie talkie to get someone to send up our bags from whatever storage placed they had... so we are waiting , and waiting , and waiting.... along with several other passengers who were going on to Guangzhou, China... and a few other [places... so one of our fellow passengers asks little dude about the hotel and he goes off on the guy - just rude and unhelpful and telling the guy to just walk out the airport and he will get to the hotel I was like AWWW HELLS NO! Enough is frikking enough...

So I walk over to him and i say...
    "excuse me but you have absolutely no right to speak to that gentleman or any of us in that manner... we are all FRUSTRATED right now, we have been trying to get to our destinations since 9PM last night and now we find our selves again stranded her in KL thanks to Malaysia Airlines. You may not have been physically responsible for any of this but you are a representative of the Airline are you not? therefore it is YOUR responsibility to be CIVIL, to LISTEN, to ANSWER IN A POLITE MANNER and to be HELPFUL!
    None of us would choose to be here with you tonight... our flight was cancelled, we were lied to about our connections and now we can't get our bags...

He interrupts me at this point to say that its our fault about the bags because *I* decided *at the last minute* to ask for our bags....

This is when I almost snatch him!

I said "listen here you little fool, I didn;t DECIDE at the last minute to get my bags - had anyone bothered to tell us that we would be spending the night in KL I never would have agreed to have my bags checked all the way through... now I suggest you get on your little radio and call whomever you have to and get the bags up here in a timely fashion and act like you have some sense and show some civility"

oooh I was HOT! and and frustrated, and just P* ssed off!!

ohhhhhh

undersized men

Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Is what wrong with these customer service people.

Come with the rest and nuh bother leave us hanging

when i wworked Malaysia they booked me on Klm or BA or emeerates.I loved KL. Best place I worked . Wrote a technical manual on Engineering there. great food, bohght wife a diamond ring there and black pearls. Spent six months at the eastin hotel. Interesting health spa there.

But I would be interested if u note the tension in Malaysia. Read the straits times and the star and u will see how good Jamaican journalism is.

I will phone myneighbour from Malaysia this week because of ur post.
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

boal @ undersized men
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Nunya, Ms. Exced, Wahalla, Gen

So anyway... we eventually get our bags around 11ish and drag ourselves over to the hotel for the night...

(sidenote - while we are waiting my husband sees suitcases come up with ours that look like the ones belonging to a couple we had met with two young children... they had not asked for their bags to be brought up and he was worried about the fact that they were... but more about this later)

The hotel seems like anise one and I could have enjoyed it more under different circumstances... They had a really good buffet which I coulldn't fully enjoy so you know how mad I was

The next morning which should be day 2 of our vacation we have to get up again at 5AM to board our flight to Langkawi... first we wanted to speak with the Duty Manager - but of course the likkle dung grow midget gave us totally erroneous information and sent us to a counter that did not exist... I guess that was his passive aggressive way of sticking it to us

at this point we just want to get to our destination so we just go the boarding point and decide to address all this madness when the vacation is over.

We get to Langkawi without incident... the trek to the hangar reminds me of Jamaica airport back in the day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The hotel seems like anise one </div></div>

Lord but I was stuck on this line for a good 45 seconds, trying to figure out why the hotel was spicy... then I figured it out \o/

ok back to reading...

btw, how yuh look so young missis??? Geezas.... the older you get, the younger you look... flippin heck...

Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The hotel seems like anise one </div></div>

Lord but I was stuck on this line for a good 45 seconds, trying to figure out why the hotel was spicy... then I figured it out \o/

ok back to reading...

btw, how yuh look so young missis??? Geezas.... the older you get, the younger you look... flippin heck... </div></div>

BOADWL @ anise aay sah

the trick to looking younger is fe tap tek close up pictures