• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Cape Town, Jo'burg - South Africa

nice report and pics ChurchDude

too bad you didn't get to visit any of the shanty towns proper, maybe next time. That's one place I would love to visit as well.

Here in nyc we get the Africa channel so I watch quite a bit of the programs coming out of the continent, some movies here and there as well as cultural. Quite a few jamaicans (who don't live there) also show up on the channel as well being interviewed by various hosts/shows.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice report and pics ChurchDude

too bad you didn't get to visit any of the shanty towns proper, maybe next time. That's one place I would love to visit as well.

Here in nyc we get the Africa channel so I watch quite a bit of the programs coming out of the continent, some movies here and there as well as cultural. Quite a few jamaicans (who don't live there) also show up on the channel as well being interviewed by various hosts/shows.

</div></div>
    Thanks, Gen If you get a chance to visit SA, you should.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Dishwasher

This was an amazing trip report. I felt like I was there. The story on John was great. The baboons were hilarious. I wonder about the Jamaican man? Was he really Jamaican? I understand your disappointment in not going to shanty town and getting to take more pictures. Talking to people make the travel experience so rich and it seems you were able to do that in Cape Town but not Johannesburg. Thanks again for sharing this trip report.
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com