• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

DUBAI - Oldish Trip report :-)

Earlier this year one of my good bredrin from this board gave me a small link and a tip that there was going to be a Reggae Oldies party in Dubai in April of this year...

OF course mi skin ketch fire immediately! Dubai is just a hop, skip and jump from Mumbai and after months of starving for some Jamaican company and culture - it was a "must do" thing for us... so we book the tix, arranged a weekend sleepover for the child and off we went!

Re: DUBAI - Oldish Trip report :-)

On our way at Mumbai Airport - lawks the day had just started and mi face shine sah!

Jazz miss you glad to see you face

A wha kina two post trip report dis??? Yuh betta come carreck an poas de res!!! wid picka to!!!

Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Jazzie you are positively glowing lady
    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ms Exced</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jazz miss you glad to see you face </div></div>

Thanks Ms. Exced - good to be back! I was all over the place this summer so just getting back into the swing of things

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A wha kina two post trip report dis??? Yuh betta come carreck an poas de res!!! wid picka to!!! </div></div>

See this hostility I didn't miss that

I would have been almost done by now if the server nevva go down inna de miggle of mi posting - I was trying to do it while you guys slumbered - but alas it nevva work out... I'll see what I can post before sleep knock mi out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jazzie you are positively glowing lady

</div></div>

Storms! how is the little man? please to send me updated pics - Auntie Jazz loves little boys since I have none of my own...

As to the glow - that is just the heat of Mumbai mekking mi face shine up

Dubai airport is one of the best I have ever been through - just a beautiful modern marvel... immigration is quick and painless - anything that technology can handle is installed... The in bond stores are amazing - full fledged supermarket like, spacious places - very unlike the little shops we are used to seeing. - There are shopping carts available if you really feel the need to shop! and all the Bg name brands are there...
    The doors behind me open to trais that take you to different parts of the airport.

We are met at the airport by our very own Magix who has offered up his home for the weekend and what a wonderful host he was! But I will tell you all before the trip report is done.
    We are starving - so after a quick drop off of baggage we head out to eat...
    Magix and another friend who also lives in Dubai takes us to a very scenic spot (I can't remember the name of it now) but its beside a sort of canal which we learn is man made - like most things in Dubai - considering it is a huge desert, it really is amazing the things they have built there.

Magix took us through a shopping village which they have tried to build to make it look old and historical but in reality nothing in Dubai is over 50 years old... you can see the cobblestone streets in the bottom right hand picture.