• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Test Reply.

Ok, for all you people weh lost wid the new software. Many of the other forums out there are already upgraded to this version.

Up in the top right hand corner. Click on Settings -> General. You can change email notifications, time settings, display mode, etc. Make sure you click on save at the bottom of the page when you're done, otherwise it will go back to default. It works. I just tested it. Looks like the profile is disabled for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dahJahPawtTwo View Post
    While yuh dehya wid de new board I C one ting still is consistent wid de same eeyat popup weh greet wi all de while as soon as yuh come roun ya.

http://www.careerjournalonline.org/n...vc/0a34jkm/ca/

den when yuh click it off one from de coffeeshop show up. I believe we were asked to leave links to these.
    Chrome browser with java and cookie management along with Ad Blocker will prevent it. That one along with "Congratulations! You Won!" Dem two alone was driving me nuts every time the page displayed. Sometimes, the volume on the pc was cranked up and it wasn't nice hearing an announcement when you not expecting it.

I been testy all day!
    di sheep mus learn to respek di shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by LinSkinny View Post
    Ok, for all you people weh lost wid the new software. Many of the other forums out there are already upgraded to this version.

Up in the top right hand corner. Click on Settings -> General. You can change email notifications, time settings, display mode, etc. Make sure you click on save at the bottom of the page when you're done, otherwise it will go back to default. It works. I just tested it. Looks like the profile is disabled for now.
    How did u get the forum to show the last post first as the default? I set it to that and it keeps going back to listing the posts by thread title (i think)
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Quote Originally Posted by CeaBee View Post
    How did u get the forum to show the last post first as the default? I set it to that and it keeps going back to listing the posts by thread title (i think)
    Just to clarify...

Is the question referring to when you are viewing a thread? Like this one? If so, same place. I just changed the option to show Newest First and tested it. Your response is at the top of the thread with the oldest at the bottom. The default is oldest first.

Quote Originally Posted by LinSkinny View Post
    Just to clarify...

Is the question referring to when you are viewing a thread? Like this one? If so, same place. I just changed the option to show Newest First and tested it. Your response is at the top of the thread with the oldest at the bottom. The default is oldest first.
    No I mean when u first come into the forum and are looking at the threads. I want to see the one with the last reply first. I can change the option at the bottom of the forum. But after I change it, it doesn't stay that way. It defaults back to "show by thread title".
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Quote Originally Posted by CeaBee View Post
    No I mean when u first come into the forum and are looking at the threads. I want to see the one with the last reply first. I can change the option at the bottom of the forum. But after I change it, it doesn't stay that way. It defaults back to "show by thread title".
    That is the section display default that we don't have access to. IIRC, some forums I'm on allow us to change that with other settings in that selection box. Xavier will need to look into that.

I clicked on the My Profile link at the very top of the screen (once logged in) and got this message... Is this a valid error message?

SandiF, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Quote Originally Posted by SandiF View Post
    I clicked on the My Profile link at the very top of the screen (once logged in) and got this message... Is this a valid error message?

SandiF, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    For now, it is 'valid' until Xavier does his magic with the forum configuration. Normally that link allows the world to see whatever you enable on the forum.