• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Cool Walking Italy's Amalfi Coast by Peasie

My first non-Jamaica trip report. As if that is unfamiliar enough, I now have to deal with an unfamiliar formatting. And while hurricane Sandy is bearing down on Jamaica, Land We Love! *Now where is that BAWLOUT smilie?*

My trip was about 12 days and I flew from Washington, DC, via Air France to Paris then to Naples. I spent two nights in Naples, a week in Sorrento, then three days in Rome. I could have skipped Rome, but more about that later. Here's a sketch of the Amalfi Coast from Rick Steeve's site *Now where is that ROLLEYES smilie?*

*wait deh, di image code naw work??* lang kissteet to rahtid.
    Last edited by Peasie; 10-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.

So this trip report is not in chronological order I just going with what inspires me. In a nutshell, I walked around the city of Napoli, climbed Mt. Vesuvius, walked Pompeii, hiked the Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods), followed a villages hike through farms, ferried to Capri for a day, and other walks that I will try to remember.

Having lived for much of my life in Jamaica more than 3,000 feet above sea level, I knew I would love the Amalfi Coast. I was not disappointed and, truth be know, there were many sights, smells, and moments that reminded me of rural Jamaica.

Rained threatened the first three days as I walked around the city of Napoli and even as I climbed Mt. Vesuvius. An old man was selling walking sticks at the bottom of Mt. Vesuvius so I bought one and get it for the rest of the hikes.

By Day 3, we had spectacular weather.

So here is a photo from the bus window as I head up to the top of a trail. BTW, unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me or with my camera.

Last edited by Peasie; 10-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.

So PZ send you to do her trip report Spur Tree? :tsk: :tsk:

:jump up and down smilie:
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

I'll have to look at pics at home - at work access is always denied (frown)
    ''to learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.''
    Voltaire

looking forward to this!

Administrator
    lovely start to the trip report.. Looking forward to more photos!
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

I will start off with the hike of the Path of The Gods which starts in the little town of Bomerano and ends in Positano. The scenery along this trail is spectacular. The trail itself has some treacherous patches and I slipped and fell twice but nothing too serious. It was a warm October day and the skies and the Mediterranean were glorious.

Last edited by Peasie; 10-24-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Around each bend on the trail, the views kept getting better. I had to be careful when I stopped to take photos making sure my feet were firmly planted.

The Sentiero degli Dei is a popular trail.

I found a map of the terrain

I'm not much of a picture taker and the camera I used throughout the trip was a little Nikon CoolPix II.