• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue walls of Chefchaouen for Gen

Spent a good portion of the past 2+ weeks in Chefchaouen. My 2nd time in Chaouen but this trip more time was spent visiting the blue walled city and surrounding areas. The trip was marred with a bout of the cold...constant coughing as the weather shifted from warm to cold, sunny and wet. Constantly hailed up as "hey Jamaican woman" or "Jamaican woman welcome to Morocco".... How they knew I'm Jamaican is beyond me but the town has a love for Rita Marley and all things Jamaican.

Two plus weeks in Casablanca, Fes, Meknes, Chefchaouen and Tangier... just relaxing and chilling with friends. Just a few pics..

Blue walls of Chefchaouen

the blue walls are inside the medina...walled city

outside the medina

SandiF thanks

All that blue is amazeballs.

i told the lady at the dry cleaner that you gone again
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

There is an ethnic Berber group from the Rif mountain areas. Their features are strangely a blend of European, Oriental and Arab... short in stature with wide eyes and bronzed faces. The older women wear tattoo marking on their forehead or neck that denote them as being traditional Berbers of the Rif mountains. The traditional clothing for the women is colourful... aprons, shawls and head wear that looks like a Mexican sombrero with ribbons and pom-poms fringing the edges. Actually, I found the women bearing many similarities to the ethnic people in Peru... even the rugs and poncho they make reminded me of the ones that I'd bought in Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    SandiF thanks

All that blue is amazeballs.

i told the lady at the dry cleaner that you gone again

Gorgeous blue walls with skies to match!

Alleys

Beautiful!

It's in the Rif, isn't it? Went through there once on the bus from Nador (Melilla with the boat from Spain) to Tangier, but it was during the night.

Would love to visit it, as would love to go to Ouazarzate (sp?)....
    Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out - Jack Buck

Hi, Marielle... you ran cross my mind the other day... your trip to Mali and wondering how the conflict there is affecting your family and friends there.

Yes, Chefchaouen is in the Rif valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Marielle View Post
    Beautiful!

It's in the Rif, isn't it? Went through there once on the bus from Nador (Melilla with the boat from Spain) to Tangier, but it was during the night.

Would love to visit it, as would love to go to Ouazarzate (sp?)....

love the pictures Sandi you have more