• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beautiful SandiF - you and Marielle have the most amazing adventures...
    looks like someplace I would love to see.

THe mister and I decided that once we leave this side of the world we are going to really see Europe now that the girls are big enough to appreciate holidays that don;t involve a pool and a beach.

Administrator
    Sandi,

The photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell us about the history. meaning, reasons behind the blue walls?
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Dishwasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Sandi,

The photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell us about the history. meaning, reasons behind the blue walls?

Nice pictures. Would love to know the history behind the walls.
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Thanks!

Chefchaouen is a wonderful town in Morocco with its white-washed houses and the distinctive medina with its walls painted in various shades of blue. The story that I'm told is the blue walls was started by Jewish settlers who saw blue representing spirituality and being a symbolic colour of the sky, heaven, and God. Every medina has a "mellah" which is the Jewish side of the old town. Inside the medina you'll see shops with containers piled high with blue pigment in different shades and each spring the entire medina is re-painted in shades of blue.

Chefchaouen1.jpgChefchaouen3.jpgChefchaouen2.jpg

SandiF, did you catch the 1 hour feature on Tangier ? on CNN last Sunday ? It will probably repeat later tonight. It was interesting to hear what the current expats living there had to say about the city when they first moved there years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/video/shows/antho...known/episode5
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Yes, I did... taped it and watched it again. I think it's the most European of all Morocco cities, even more so than Marrakech. Tangier... there you can find the best tapas, even better than Spain. I plan to be back over the end of year holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    SandiF, did you catch the 1 hour feature on Tangier ? on CNN last Sunday ? It will probably repeat later tonight. It was interesting to hear what the current expats living there had to say about the city when they first moved there years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/video/shows/antho...known/episode5