• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I was asked to share this link on Grace's FB page. Mr. C., is that OK with you, if I get Nicki's approval?
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Compry View Post
    I was asked to share this link on Grace's FB page. Mr. C., is that OK with you, if I get Nicki's approval?
    Absolutely!
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Final goodbye

At my age, I've bade many a friend a final farewell: my best girlfriend, Jackie my friend from age 4, my first boyfriend, my bestfriend, Newell, from AIDS, my dad in 1993, my mom just this last November 1. I didn't have the relationship with Sweetssop that many on ja.com did, but the pain felt by her passing is evident in the pictures posted here. This is something that we all have in common; we all lose someone we love and we will miss them all of the rest of the days we have on this earth.

Thanks, Churchdude.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    At my age, I've bade many a friend a final farewell: my best girlfriend, Jackie my friend from age 4, my first boyfriend, my bestfriend, Newell, from AIDS, my dad in 1993, my mom just this last November 1. I didn't have the relationship with Sweetssop that many on ja.com did, but the pain felt by her passing is evident in the pictures posted here. This is something that we all have in common; we all lose someone we love and we will miss them all of the rest of the days we have on this earth.

Thanks, Churchdude.
    You're welcome. Condolences on the loss of your mom this past November.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Administrator
    Thanks for sharing the memorial with us CEW.

Churchdude even though there is a part of me that still refuses to accept that Sweets is really gone... I want to add my thanks to everyone else's for allowing us to be a part of Sweets celebratory send off.
    Your eloquent words added so much poignance to the pictures and really gave me a sense of the atmosphere.
    Based on what you described and the snippets of video I saw I think she would have approved... I could almost hear her comments and see her smile.

Much respect to Pastor MC - I am sure that was not an easy thing to do, but the effort you made on behalf of a friend says much about you.

In death as in life she continues to touch many...

Rest easy my friend... God said it was time for you to lay down your burdens

(((((((Sweetsop))))))

Thank you Jazz. I am still trying to come to grips with it myself. You just don't know when. Aye sah.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for sharing.
    It pleases me that although we are far and wide, in times like these, we Jamaicans really come together and support each other.
    Please keep us updated on the welfare of her children.
    Lady Godiva
    Cambridge UK
    Do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
    Absolutely!

Thanks for providing us with such an wonderful tribute to Sweets final day with 'us'

Just want to leave my condolences,to the family and friends of sweetsop,not been on the board
    for a long time but just learnt of her passing,I am very sad to hear,I have never met her but
    through my interaction with her on the board it,s like someone I knew personally,she will be missed.

bigger badder and browner !