• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Francisco

San Francisco

So.... stalker or no stalker, I am gonna share... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Yesterday we went to the Haight St. Fair in San Francisco.

It was Imanni's 2nd time in the city, and he had a ball...

His Father lived in SF for many years, and was glad to be in his old stomping grounds for the day.

I love the city on occasion, and planned to meet up with an old friend at the Street Fair...

So this is my report of a day in San Francisco [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: San Francisco

I spent probably 3 hours twisting Imanni's hair on Saturday...

He was so good, he sat still and would help me hold a piece here and there [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] we took breaks in between sections, and by the afternoon his head was done... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

On the way to the city he could not stop shaking his head and pulling on the twists... I think he really likes it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

There is almost always traffic leading up the the Bay Bridge and yesterday was no exception:

We got through it and it was smooth sailing over the bridge:

We got our first glimpse of the city [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

So we come down into the city onto Fell St. and I start snapping pictures... I feel like a tourist in my own backyard [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

and then [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

We drive around, and around, and around there is absolutely NO PARKING [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

After 3 trips around about a 12 block radius, I give up and head back to the pay parking lot $20 a car [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

I pull up to the guy and as I am handing him my hard-earned money with a big sad face I say $20 this is crazy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

He says I know... there are only 4 spaces left, park over there, and he hands me back my $20 bill [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I don't ask any questions and quickly pull over to where he told me to park before he changes his mind [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

Now we have free parking, and we are only a block from the street fair [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Empress_Aynat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and then [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] someone is reading!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

I am uploading and typing the report and working all at the same time...

damn I'm talented [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

soon come... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Power of a girl ~ Tanya Stephens [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

(((Bandy and family)())))))

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to more.
    One of these days, I'm going to fly away to Zion. Fly away home. - RNM

So we load Imanni in his Jeep Stoller, and head into the crowd:

There is "wall to wall" people!

You can smell the food vendor's and ever so often there is a hint of herb in the air [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

People in the house windows watching the goings on, and being crazy like only SF people can be [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]