• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sun, Sand, Swimsuits, and Sexy People

I've been on a roller coaster ride for the past three years. Well, when I think about it when haven't I ever been on a roller coaster? But these last few years have been the most challenging and rewarding by far, as for the first time in my adulthood I am in total control of my own life. Needless to say, being in total control means having total responsibility of everything. With two kids in tow I have become overwhelmed as I am responsible for not only my life but two others. Between the demands of working more than one job, community obligations, and a very scary life threatening medical condition that resulted in emergency surgery most recently, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to slow down. I've been home for a month tomorrow and I decided that before returning to work I ought to really take this trip.

I journeyed a very rocky road trying to love myself, and finding love in others. Where that is concerned, I am content these days. My loyalties have been tried and tested and since the dust has settled I know who is there for me and who isn't, and it is great to know that I am loved despite everything.

I am still in the process of giving myself a healthy dose of self love. My therapist recommended that I take a trip somewhere to get away from it all. Also, my heart has been aching. I want to go to Jamaica but I know if I do it will be more about others than for me. I would love to see my friends and relatives but this is really an introspective trip for me so I would prefer to go somewhere foreign to me. I am a beach girl by nature and so I settled on the Dominican Republic. Thus the title, "Sun, Sand, Swimsuits, and Sexy People". I want to be surrounded by all of the above.

At first I wanted to travel solo, but I don't want to become a news headline so I may have someone accompany me. I really had hoped for just some quiet time where I could get up, have breakfast, take a dip by the pool, write (I am in the process of writing a memoir), have lunch, write some more, do the beach thing, dinner, then party all night and do it all again. Someone in tow may mean having to go sightseeing and doing activities I have no interest in doing. I just wanna laze about. After 3 years without a meaningful vacation I think I deserve that, no?

I will be leaving next week. Right now I am trying to tie up all my loose ends here.

So far I booked my accommodation. I will be staying at an apartment type villa. The furnishings are far from high end but very simplistic, Caribbean, and sufficient for my purposes. I am in love with the cleanliness of the facility, the kitchen so I can whip up something in the mornings if I don't feel like dragging my hung over arse to breakfast, the balcony patio where I can sit and do my writing during the days, the hot tub and pool, and the fact that it is steps away from the beach.

The flight I will book in the next few days when I get confirmation from my travel partner.

I am really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Skelly; 03-19-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Can the Ethiopian change his skin
    or the leopard its spots?
    Neither can you do good
    who are accustomed to doing evil. (Jer 13:23)</span>

Administrator
    "Sun, Sand, Swimsuits, and Sexy People". I want to be surrounded by all of the above.
    dem waiting for you:

When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

@ rich

(((Skells))) sound like you needed the vacay.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

RichD is a eediat

Skellz, nice man . For many of us, Jamaica is not a great get-a-way.

How many swimsuits yuh pack?

my best beach getwaway ever was Phuket beach in Thailand. you get there 7 oclock in the morning, and stay there till 5 oclock in the evening. and a beach person will adjust your umbrella for you so you are always in shade, will get any food you want from the bar, have conversation with you, or not. all you have to do is exist. it does get crowded, but you can talk or not talk, and the eavesdropping and people watching are great.

so, that's a recommendation if you can afford it, skelly, and if the DR thing don't work out. sorry to hear of your troubles, glad to know you're finding your way forward.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    dem waiting for you:

is dat u an di missus on unoo lass vacation?
    Neither can you do good

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    @ rich

(((Skells))) sound like you needed the vacay.
    yes man...i owe it to myself...
    Neither can you do good

Quote Originally Posted by Peasie View Post
    RichD is a eediat

Skellz, nice man . For many of us, Jamaica is not a great get-a-way.

How many swimsuits yuh pack?

mi nuh know mi jus a fling in di 2 piece dem inna di grip.

more bottoms than tops
    Neither can you do good

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingal View Post
    my best beach getwaway ever was Phuket beach in Thailand. you get there 7 oclock in the morning, and stay there till 5 oclock in the evening. and a beach person will adjust your umbrella for you so you are always in shade, will get any food you want from the bar, have conversation with you, or not. all you have to do is exist. it does get crowded, but you can talk or not talk, and the eavesdropping and people watching are great.

so, that's a recommendation if you can afford it, skelly, and if the DR thing don't work out. sorry to hear of your troubles, glad to know you're finding your way forward.
    Phuket Definitely on the bucket list but not on the budget list this time around. One day I will have my benefactor take me.

And thank you.
    Neither can you do good

My travel partner is annoying me. She caan do dis. She caan do dat. The prices are soaring! I decided I will go ahead and book without her and get there a half day earlier than her then we can fly back together. Dats why mi nuh like go nuh weh wid nuh baddi ie nuh. Cho!

I went shopping the other day and scored some cute sexy numbers. Nothing like cute clothes to boost your spirits. Before my trip I have soooo much to do! OMG! Community obligations, photo shoot, 2 birthday parties and a baby shower. Good lord!!
    Neither can you do good