• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cheers to self discovery and

So happy that you found your happiness

nice report skells yuh looking rested and relaxed
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

The report done already? I was waiting for it to be over so I can read it all at one shot...

k tomorrow I shall delve in!

Last entry I promise

I woke up the following morning hangover free. Thank God I stuffed myself with the leftovers cuz I killed that bottle of wine. It was a bit sweet for my taste but good otherwise. I sure did have some fun by miself in mi private party. I was ready to go home but first I wanted to take a dip in that pool downstairs before I left. I called Mama Jo, the owner, to ask if I could check out an hour later than the 12PM time. She said "hay no problema!"

I went downstairs but did not stay long for two reasons
    1. The water was cold because it was early (10am)
    2. There were too many kids. It was a holiday so all the families came down to the shore with their living rooms and what not.

I decided to go back upstairs and finally pack. Part of me wished I could stay a little longer, but another part of me was dying to be back home. Longing to hug my girls. Pining to be with him. I got my things together and by the time I showered and got dressed it was time to go. I gave the key to Mama Jo and she told me she was sad to see me go en espaniol. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me that I should come back another time.My driver Leo was outside waiting for me but I was confused as he was with another man. After some lengthy explaining he said that the friend was going to take me to the airport instead. He reminded me of my debt from the day before so I paid him the 200 pesos and he wanted to kiss me on the lips. I gave him my cheek and he laughed. Fresh!

Felipe, my new driver, was younger and much more handsome than Leo, but he was so quiet. We rode in mostly quiet while he listened to old American songs, and I am talking like Neil Diamond old, on the way to the airport. I tried to capture photos while we were driving to show the resemblance between there and JA but none of the shots came out right.

DSC02669.jpg

Check in went well at the airport. Shoot! I was 2.5 hours early. I went to the food court and went on the wifi to occupy myself. Funny thing, this white man came up to me speaking some very poor spanish, asking if I knew how to use the internet. LOL! I then said "habla ingles?" as if I did not already know and he said si. Then I dropped my New England speaky spokey on him. He was astonished. "You're not from here?" I told him no. That I was Jamaican but living in CT and traveling there for the first time. He was with his girlfriend who did not really talk to me that much for some reason. I found out that the fellow was from Vermont and flying in to NY. Seems as if I ran into mostly New Englanders and some New Yorkers too in the DR.

My flight was delayed and that caused hell in Miami when I almost missed my flight back home because
    1. I arrived late and
    2. customs held me twice and searched and scanned and questioned me because they could not believe that a single woman would travel to a country she has absolutely no ties to (without being a drug mule that is).

I got home safely and man, it felt good to be home, especially when I was in his embrace. I found my sense of direction. I felt settled. I felt at peace. And best of all, I feel happy.

If I had to have a soundtrack for this trip it would be this:

The end.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Can the Ethiopian change his skin
    or the leopard its spots?
    Neither can you do good
    who are accustomed to doing evil. (Jer 13:23)</span>

Well done Skelly!

NIce report Skells - sometimes you just need that time alone to meditate and appreciate what really matters. So happy you had a good time.
    Pictures are great! thanks for sharing!

I've been to DR I think 3 times - it's a great place for a quick getaway... love it - have had a ball each time!

Beautiful report ((Skelly))!