• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dishwasher

Elections 2007 Chat - Ask JLP & PNP Representative Questions

We would like to ensure that you have an opportunity to ask questions about matters that are critical to the future of Jamaica . The Jamaican Diaspora Southern United States will hold a Town Hall Meeting, titled "Elections 2007: Our Vision for Jamaica's Future", Thursday, July 26, 2007, 6:00pm to 8:30pm in Miramar, Florida with a representatives from Jamaica's two main political parties - People's National Party and Jamaica Labour Party. Jamaicans.com will have a live connection to our chat room. You can ask your questions live in our chat room or have us pose your questions. Join in live from this site from 6:00pm to 8:30pm EDT on Thursday, July 26, 2007.

To submit a question in advance, post it in this thread.

NOTE: Please post only one question. We reserve the right to reject questions that do not follow the guide lines of our forum rules.
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Re: Elections 2007 Chat - Ask JLP & PNP Representative Questions

I heard about this on the Open Line yesterday. Was gonna mention it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Re: Elections 2007 Chat - Ask JLP & PNP Representative Quest

I haven't kept up with the education system in Jamaica, but when I went to school, secondary education was almost a waste of time. It was a relic of the British system, which was essentially a rite of passage into the upper classes. Irish playwright Brendan Behan told me in Toronto that the only useful thing he learned in secondary school was that if you spit on an eraser it will rub out ink. My question is: in view of Bruce Golding's promise to provide free secondary education for all, wouldn't that money be better spent in developing an efficient trade school/apprenticeship program financed in part by tax breaks for the journeymen who agree to train apprentices?

Dishwasher

We are adding a new component. You can record your question via your digital camera and submit the video to me. If you saw the debates last night it was a great component. Thanks
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Administrator

Jamaica is known as the land of wood and water. Given Jamaica's natural and renewable resources what are your plans to develop & utilise renewable sources of energy, recycle products and reduce waste?
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

I understand bauxite mining is proposed for the Cockpit Country. I want to know if the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition will make a commitment to block the proposal and preserve this unique and irreplaceable natural resource.

This question is for both reps.

What does your party plan to do to solve the problem/issue of violent crimes committed by JAMAICANS against JAMAICANS?

Does your party have any plans or initiative in place to deal with your ineffective police/military force? and what is the timeline/frame in which you expect to have these issues addressed and problems solved?

Perhaps it is too late to ask this, as I just saw this post. I apologize in advance for my tardiness. My question is, what do both parties intend to do, if anything, to improve the infrastructures in rural Jamaica, i.e, lack of water pipes, and roads that are barely passable (especially since Ivan). Thank you for your time.
    Support living artists. The dead ones don't need it!

My question is, isn't being a politician an all year round job?
    Why is it only when election time is coming up you see or hear about them?

People have been talking and asking questions for a long time, and I personally have seen NOTHING came out of the people's voice.

Politics is what make your country for better or worse and I havent seen where Jamaica is getting any better.
    Leave mi tings. no mek mi cuss badwud!
    http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/upl...080912-138.jpg

To the distinguished PNP rep: "When will the Portmore toll be reduced to $30 or less??

To the Labourite seeking power: Looking forward to the mass rally at Naggos Head, St. Catherine coming up.
    Will you be backing Bruce all the way with the seperation of powers and constitutional reform proposals that Bruce introduced as a must be when he was in the NDM?

What is it that will be new and different that the JLP will bring to the people of Jamaica that will lead us to happiness and prosperity so that we dont have to run go abroad to look opportunity?
    Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.