• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Re: Hurricane Dean!

Well as long as im miss Yard and SoFL is cool. (And Haiti too caw mi feel fi di ppl dem caw it nuh tek much fi mash dem up bad) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]

Suh its alright to lick Cuba?
    Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q3210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suh its alright to lick Cuba? </div></div>

Well sah you know seh is not alrite fi Hurrican to lick anyplace at all. But you know seh im bound fi lick somewhere so yuh haffi choose someplace fi get lick.

And Cuba is mostly not alrite because if Cuba get lick it mean seh Yard jus got mash up and it coming fi attact SoFL.

Betta it go inna di Gulf.

At 23 MPH, dont you think Dean is moving pretty fast than normal?
    Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

(((Q)))) praying dean slows down.. moves off course....

keep ear out for the phone...
    A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Administrator

He is moving very fast. The upper level winds must be pretty strong and without much shear in order to keep the storm developing while maintaining it's speed.

And that only makes it worse. Not only less time to prepare for Dean, but also more wind intensity.

If the hurricane has 100mph sustained winds, and it's moving at 23mph, the ppl get lick with 123mph winds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BND1999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(((Q)))) praying dean slows down.. moves off course....

keep ear out for the phone... </div></div>

Slows down, no Nina. The longer it hangs the more damage potentially. The speed it moves is different than the speed of the winds that circulate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is moving very fast. The upper level winds must be pretty strong and without much shear in order to keep the storm developing while maintaining it's speed.

And that only makes it worse. Not only less time to prepare for Dean, but also more wind intensity.

If the hurricane has 100mph sustained winds, and it's moving at 23mph, the ppl get lick with 123mph winds. </div></div>

Thats sounds more logical if there`s a direct hit with the eye passing directly over. The sustained winds I thought were only those that the pangs in circulation spun at.

I just changed my flights from saturday to monday and now I'm
    questioning the judgement on that...will the airport be closed and my backside stuck in hotlanta? Magic reassure me [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]
    Keep the faith . .

Poor Magic! Roots a call yu Massa God. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]