• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe

Ahhh Lake Tahoe…

The lake is still as beautiful as I remember it to be, and the water just as cold [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cold.gif[/img]

It was quite refreshing after the heat we have been getting here in California, the temperature had been about 103f all week [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]

So this is our trip to Lake Tahoe, hope you enjoy!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

We set out for Uncle Trucks house in Sacramento on Friday night.

I had been telling Imanni for 3 days that we were going to the lake, to the beach, to build a sand castle. Come Sunday morning he was ready to go, and woke me up at 4am [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

“Beach?? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

“It’s still sleep time Imanni, lay back down.” [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

He lays there kicking his feet and talking to himself for a minute, then looks at me fast asleep again…

“Momma?”

“Yes baby”

“Sand Castle” [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70365-flirt.gif[/img]

“Yes baby, later, right now is still sleep time”

“Momma, Cereal?”

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

No sleeping for me… we get up and go downstairs…

Uncle Truck is still sleeping like a NORMAL human being at 4am [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

But I get some coffee going, pour the kid some cereal and take a step out to the oasis to check out jam.com and drink my coffee…

Uncle Truck’s backyard oasis:

Imanni and I hang out on the couch and wait for Uncle to get up, and then I get him bathed, and dressed to go…

We load up the truck, and by 10am we were showered, packed, and ready to hit the road…

Imanni was sure happy once we got in the truck.

Yay, we goin to the beach!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Having been up at 4 am [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] Imanni and I were asleep before we got very far… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

When I woke up we had left the rolling hills of California, and my eyes were greeted with jutting rock, and mountains full of pine trees…

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: Lake Tahoe

We pass Donner Lake:

In no time, we see the sign for the turn off to Lake Tahoe [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I had not eaten yet, and my belly was grumbling about it. So I suggest we get something to eat in Truckee at the turn off.
    Uncle Truck agrees, and then I see a sign that puts a BIG smile on my face [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Port of Subs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

This is the sub sandwich shop I grew up with. They make the BEST sub sandwiches I have ever tasted, and I am so excited [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

So we find the Port of Subs and order lunch…

"Uncle Truck" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Belly full, we head down Hwy 89 towards the Lake, and on the side of the highway there is a river FULL of rafters… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

“Wow, look at that” Imanni says [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

The people sure looked like they were having a blast, but I could not believe how many of them there were [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] Every time I tried to snap a pic a tree would block my view, so none of the pics portray just how man boaters there were, but there were a LOT!

When we pulled into Lake Tahoe I saw the source [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

And then I got my first glimpse of the Lake [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

[quote=Bandanna]Ahhh Lake Tahoe…

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] Lovely!
    Keep the faith . .

Thanks Roots! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

If only *I* had taken that one [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

none of my pictures came out like that one [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] mostly due to location...

I needed to show the true beauty of the place, and that picture (taken by Janice my Babysitter) really does [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

Most of my pics are of Imanni [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img] Imagine that [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

wait.....

don't go away...

the lake is in the backround [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

It has been many years since I visited Lake Tahoe, and never coming from the California side. I grew up in Nevada at the base of Mt Rose, and Lake Tahoe was always just minutes from my house. This time we were coming from the other side, and it had been over 10 years since I had driven around the lake. I had done some research during the week, and decided we should go to Meeks Bay.
    Well Uncle Truck, who had been driving while I slept [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img] just wanted a beach, preferably the closest one… *sigh* ok… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    I was just thankful to be there [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] so we re-examine the map, and decided to go through Tahoe City, to a small beach listed just on the other side.

Lake Forest Beach [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Some of the beaches in Tahoe are very pretty, this one was not so much [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whatever.gif[/img]

If I had been driving, I would have kept going till I found one of the better beaches. Uncle Truck had other plans, and was not keen on driving further, so Lake Forest beach it was… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

Imanni did not know the difference, and was happy to finally be there…

I was a little disappointed, but made the best of it. There was hardly anyone there so we had quite a bit of privacy. no boddar tell the man everyone knows this beach no good [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

There were picnic tables set up and we took over one…

Changed Imanni into this life-suit I borrowed from Janice, and blew up the frog [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

refreshing bandit [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Sweet. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

CUTE!!!!! I just love watching you take Imanni places where he is always enjoying himself! It is a refreshing treat every time!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

So Imanni did what little kids do at the beach.

He played with sticks:

And made a sand castle:

I can't believe I used to call this stuff sand [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

All the while I am thinking boy, just wait till you see a REAL beach, and make a REAL sand castle...

104 days!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Lord, I'm gonna spoil the boy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]