Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    i agree Skells. It hard for mi to get used to the new site design...i liked it just fine the way it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I cannot speak for all but I can say that this is why I hardly post here anymore:

1. My life is a lot more busier than when I used to be active here on the board.
    2. The people I usually interact with on the board are on my Facebook list so I don't feel like I miss out on much here.
    3. I come back here after months of not posting only to find the same set of people arguing about the same BS they were arguing over ten years ago.
    4. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!
    5. The topics here are not "boring as hell", but some attitudes are.
    6. The layout of the website still has not grown on me. I hate that I have to click page after page to read when in the past I could view the entire thread. Talk about going backwards to move forward...sorry Xman

Why I keep coming back?

1. Unoo is a set a mad people.
    2. Like attracts like.
    3. You guys are like family to me even though I have never met most of you in person. (Every family have a mad auntie or a bad uncle )
    ^^^ ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by My Looh View Post
    Some really good points being raised here. I'm not sure how important the survival of the forum is to Xavier,ultimately that is his business, but it's great we can discuss it. DahJah, MG, Tuff Gong, Blu and all others have some very interesting issues to think about.

I think we can all agree on one thing, left as is, this board will continue to become less relevant.
    x-man secretlee luv diss typa tredds cah itt give new ideas

same ting caan be sed bout fassbook becuminn less revalant cah itt usage as decline dat y usinn addar venue fe increase dem revenue stream. bizness eiddar grow ar die so oww will x-man adapt to da new bizness climate
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Quote Originally Posted by j-kid View Post
    There was a time wen dat question would not hav com up. Many dynamics, but in a nut shell. Di forums have become very boring.

People cant even laugh at themself anymore. Tings have become too stressful.

Oh yeah. An dem kids wid di ugly lips are back, which cause mi whole heap ah stress!
    I think this not only applies to the board, but society in general. Can't even mek joke anymore before sumady start chastise you and call names, or get offended. Especially when we no gree wid dem opinion. It is one reason I made a comment in an earlier posting about "Everybody so damn busy being PC, that it refreshing sometimes to see the spoofs. " Of course, sumady bex wid dat.

Then the privacy issue. What people fail to realize is that nothing on the web (or technology for dat matta) is private. With the proper tools and time, anything can be found out about anybody. Simply participating, in any manner in any forum, exposes one to people who know how to look. Not to mention the people who monitoring everyting we seh. (Hi!)

near di USA border a watch out fi Canadians :- D
    Facebook wants to know why users hide News Feed items
    Feedback is expected to increase engagement while serving up more relevant ads and limiting exposure of offensive content.
    by Steven Musil |July 23, 2013 6:50 PM PDT

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575...ws-feed-items/

Quote Originally Posted by blugiant View Post
    x-man secretlee luv diss typa tredds cah itt give new ideas

same ting caan be sed bout fassbook becuminn less revalant cah itt usage as decline dat y usinn addar venue fe increase dem revenue stream. bizness eiddar grow ar die so oww will x-man adapt to da new bizness climate
    JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Too much censorship and too much whiney immature ppl.

the mods dem need fi step back and mek the ppl dem fight it out. If the whiners ( ppl who KNOWN fi making complain to xmam) cyan the heat dem will log off till the fire cool.

the same set of ppl who whine the most are the same set who post the most offensive stuff and quarrel quarrel wid dem one anedda. I say left dem mek dem fight and may the best man win.

While the war a gwane the rest of sane ppl can dung di bottom go drink wine and eat cake, have sex and make some babies to keep up the dwindling population.
    Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Quote Originally Posted by missus_vegas View Post
    Too much censorship and too much whiney immature ppl.

the mods dem need fi step back and mek the ppl dem fight it out. If the whiners ( ppl who KNOWN fi making complain to xmam) cyan the heat dem will log off till the fire cool.

the same set of ppl who whine the most are the same set who post the most offensive stuff and quarrel quarrel wid dem one anedda. I say left dem mek dem fight and may the best man win.

While the war a gwane the rest of sane ppl can dung di bottom go drink wine and eat cake, have sex and make some babies to keep up the dwindling population.
    But that is fluffy stuff .. how u no add nuttin new to the population cause the pickney need a sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by LinSkinny View Post
    Then the privacy issue. What people fail to realize is that nothing on the web (or technology for dat matta) is private. With the proper tools and time, anything can be found out about anybody. Simply participating, in any manner in any forum, exposes one to people who know how to look.
    Exactly.

By di way, dem shoes yuh have on tiddeh doan go wid di res a di wardrobe

oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong View Post
    It is not that site cannot attract new members. The real scandal is the jamaicans.com has lost so many members.
    One factor is of course other SocialMedia outlets, but by far the biggest issue was the Moderators.

After the death of Marcia jamaicans.com got low-jacked by a bunch of crazy Moderators in most of the forum. Some even demanded their own forum and got it.
    In religion you suddenly could not have a discussion.
    Politics ditto
    General Discussion ditto
    Tourism ditto.
    Mods with diminished-responsibility (mostly from Canada) and their troop of adoring fans, basically destroyed the Board.

I've been a member since my first trip to Jamaica in '99. I started reading and all I could do was laugh at Wendy, Jazz, Jahlive, and that crew. Although my grandmother was born & raised in Jamaica, she did not speak patois, nor did her nieces an other Jamaican visitors, so I had to read the patois aloud to get to the meaning of what they were writing. For years when I got more familiar with Jamaica and its people, I stuck by the board; posting trip reports (sometimes up to 5 trips/year) and reading trip reports of others.

Then around 2004 or '5, there was an influx of new members. These people weren't funny at all. They were opinionated, and spiteful to those of us who loved Jamaica, but couldn't really claim actual island birth. Tropicana has mentioned what happened to a member, who was forced to retire from her job when her postings during the work-day were sent to her supervisors. She mistakenly thought her fellow boardies were friends, and told too much of her personal life. With this information, some one, either jealous, or just hating, used that against her. Then there was the postings of some who reflected the worst of Jamaican culture; small-minded, insular, homophobic, and misogynistic. Events of this type are well-documented in Jamaica, but when I stayed in the country one summer, I saw an openly gay youth who was popular in his little community, so homophobia is not universal. It kind of reminds me of the narrow-mindedness of the US Teaparty. Anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-immigrant (Mexicans are all drug mules), anti-voting rights for minorities. It isn't that the Teaparty stands for all white Americans, but they are so vicious and loud, that the average citizen does not want to get involved in a face-off confrontation; they just expressed themselves in the voting booth in 2008 and 2012.

Because of the hostility that I saw growing on the board, I usually don't post. Maybe once or twice/week I will read then move on. I have better things to do than get aggravated by a bunch of people that I have no desire to communicate with. I miss the old board and its members.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

hypocrisy abounds...nuff no post unless is smaddy dem safe wid post...oddawise dem gang up pon Tropi who post fawt but she di ongle one who posting....oddas post in one spot but ongle come to GD to gangwar n pass it as participating...hypocrite....aint nobody war until some stawt it n is di usual ones dese days who drive by wid pot shots under di guise of wateva dem a try pass it as....if is not Blu is Tropi but at least dem STILL a post...anyway mi done tru mi seh mi piece n at least RichD ansa.....so it can lock dung since Tropi realise dat Xman naw pass by ...him delegate...
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Quote Originally Posted by Peasie View Post
    noh bout a year now di new design in place
    a year of grief and sorrow.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>