• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/2007

My younger sister was born in the US, and under current Citizenship Regulations she is entitled for Jamaican Citizenship. One her last trip to Jamaica, she was told that in order to submit the application packet, she needed to provide a notarized affidavit from someone OLDER that could verify the information on my father's Birth Certificate. The issue is that our father is in his 80's and all the people that he would know that could provide the affidavit are all dead.

What can she do at this time? She is really interested in getting this dual citizenship.

Also, once/if she is able to get the affidavit and then submits the packet, what should happen next and how long should the process take?
    Hurt people, hurt people.

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juss_ILP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My younger sister was born in the US, and under current Citizenship Regulations she is entitled for Jamaican Citizenship. One her last trip to Jamaica, she was told that in order to submit the application packet, she needed to provide a notarized affidavit from someone OLDER that could verify the information on my father's Birth Certificate. The issue is that our father is in his 80's and all the people that he would know that could provide the affidavit are all dead.

What can she do at this time? She is really interested in getting this dual citizenship.

Also, once/if she is able to get the affidavit and then submits the packet, what should happen next and how long should the process take? </div></div>
    Mi neva know dat shi study Jamaica immugration/citizenship laws too??
    I must come and here some of the Jamaican answers then.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

thanks dudd
    just thought she might be able to point me in the right direction, if she doesnt know the answers herself.

leave it to you, kissteet [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Hurt people, hurt people.

Hi again Miss Brown..

Can one modify the status of an I 130 application...the person filed for a relative while he was a permanent resident and now that he is a citizen, he wants to know if he could change his status on the application in order to speed up the process for his relative. If so...what are the steps and how long after will it take for the relative to get an appointment for the green card?
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/20

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juss_ILP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks dudd
    just thought she might be able to point me in the right direction, if she doesnt know the answers herself.

leave it to you, kissteet [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

yuh seet dough kissteet [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Annshan2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it better to married in Jamaica or file for fiance visa; which is easier and how long is it either way ? </div></div>yaw married??? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I overstayed on my last visa and am married to a Jamaican (I'm American),(didn't have my paperwork from Kingston done yet the last trip I made), but plan to get it before I go back to US, can immigration officials do anything to me?

I did have my marriage license and tax papers from property I own here when I came last trip but didn't seem to matter to the official I was dealing with. </div></div>

Are congratulations in order? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70365-flirt.gif[/img]
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Administrator

Ms Brown,
    Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

My question is:

Has there been an additional step added to the process when parents file for their children? A mother is filing for her two daughters, and she is almost at the end of the process. Immigration has now requested that she provide proof that she has custody of her children, or proof that the father's are OK with them migrating. Is that new? Also, one of the dad's is dragging his feet in getting the papers back to her. Can that child's visa be denied if he takes too long, or is there something else she can do to go around him?

Thanks for any info you can supply.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Hi Ms Brown,

My friend has a very unique situation (i think). He left Jamaica at the age of 15 to live with her sister who was in the military and stationed in Germany. She attended a Department of Defense high school and earned her diploma. At the end of her tour in Germany the sister was placed on orders to return to the States. The US military allowed my friend to enter the country on a military flight but immigration did not stamp her passport. After being in the States for about a year we found out that the sister did not take any steps to file for her [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad2.gif[/img] and by that time she is over 18 years old with no SSN, has no form of ID and can't go to college. To make a long story short, she just recently got married to an active duty soldier in the US Army and he is a natural born citizen. What are her chances of getting her green card without having to go back to Jamaica to await the process. I hope i made sense [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]
    ONE GOD ONE AIM ONE DESTINY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I overstayed on my last visa and am married to a Jamaican (I'm American),(didn't have my paperwork from Kingston done yet the last trip I made), but plan to get it before I go back to US, can immigration officials do anything to me?

I did have my marriage license and tax papers from property I own here when I came last trip but didn't seem to matter to the official I was dealing with. </div></div>

Are congratulations in order? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70365-flirt.gif[/img] </div></div>Yuh nuh. I am finding out nuff in here.