• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone

Cell Phone

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

Anybody know of a good place to rent a cell phone for the week in Negril?

I used rentacellnegril before, but I don't have their contact info anymore.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: Cell Phone

I expect they will come along with it soon enuff.

I have never rented one ... do they change the phone numbers with each rental???

If you get one that was used for all sorts of "link ups and connecting" ... does the next user ever get fed up with all sorts of "WRONG USER" calls??? Calls in the middle of the night - yada yada???

Bandanna, have you tried asking your cell phone carrier to unlock your phone for you so you can just buy a SIM card down there and your phone would be good to go!

i didn't have one last time

and i saw everyone i was supposed to see

i would just mention i needed to see - so and so

and lo and behold - so and so - would be there in front of me

and if someone was looking for me - i would get the message - quick time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

believe me - it's better than GPS

and oh my moniker is "the tall headed woman with the boy" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

you can buy a new one at the Digicel store near the roundabout for about $30US...also, some of the hotels will rent them to their guests....
    Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Thanks for the responses peeps...

Yes Laurel I was using it to meet up with people, when I had one the last time it proved to be useful, and I did not get any calls for anyone but me...

I asked my hotel, but the price I got was [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img] way more than what I paid for rentacell...

Swedish told me I can get one from the "other board" but I wanted to try my luck here first... I don't really know the "other board" peeps.

I am not interested in using my home cell phone, I would rather rent a cheapy and done...

I will find something....

Yes Seveen I am sure I can find, and be found, but I think the phone will come in handy either way...

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

here are the rates from "the other board"

he price for cell phone rental is as follows:

* J$150 per day for use of phone
    * J$1,000 deposit that is returned when phone is returned.
    * J$130 - 1,300 for talk time. Talk time rate is J7 per minute for local
    calls and J17 per minute for international calls.
    * FREE incoming local/international calls
    * FREE incoming local/international text message
    * FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000.

Yes Bandie - I know people use them for linkin up and they are useful ... but - my question was - does anyone ever get calls from the last person's linking up list???

which you answered ... you have rented before and did not get the last persons calls ...

I think I will buy one for myself this time ... I tried to use his last reach ... & he told me I did not really need to make the call I wanted to me ... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nahtalktoyuh.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here are the rates from "the other board"

* FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000. </div></div>

for my stay that adds up to $54 dollars or so

J3000 is about $42

still too much for a couple of calls

i usually "borrow" a phone - buy the BIG [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] phone card J500 about $7 - call my mom and that's that

for shorter calls i load up a J100 card and borrow the phone again [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here are the rates from "the other board"

* FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000. </div></div>

for my stay that adds up to $54 dollars or so

J3000 is about $42

still too much for a couple of calls

i usually "borrow" a phone - buy the BIG [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] phone card J500 about $7 - call my mom and that's that

for shorter calls i load up a J100 card and borrow the phone again [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img]

I think the rentacellnegril phone was $25 bucks, and I just bought the cards....