• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

As Deep as the Ocean...

December 15th

Time to go, and I still need travelers checks [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

There is a Bank in the grocery store down the street that is still open at 2pm on a Saturday [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

I walk in the store, and smell the Starbucks, yummy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]
    I grab a coffee and get in line. The kid behind the counter looks about 20 and not very experienced.

*Sigh*

I take a sip of my latte’ and wait my turn. When I finally get to the window I hand him the deposit slips and request travelers checks. I see a look on his face like he was trying to remember the answer to a test he took last year . [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img]

*sigh*

I take another sip of my latte’ and the boy goes into the back for what I assume is help…

He comes back by himself, with the box of checks. He tells me I need separate deposit slips for my cash to be immediately available [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

OKAY [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whatever.gif[/img]

I start filling out deposit slips for each type of deposit, and he is asking me again how much I need. I see him looking through the books of checks trying to figure out how much to give me.

The phone rings and he answers it.
    He starts to chat about “Jimmy is going to meet you”

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

ok get off the personal call please, I have a plane to catch

He ends his phone call [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif[/img] and is still looking confused [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    He askes me for the third time how much I want [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img]
    Once again I tell him what I want, and then I tell him to give me $50 more, or $50 less, whatever, I need to catch a plane…

The line is building up behind me, and I can feel the impatience breathing down my neck. Funny how so many people wear a screw face in the month of December…

*sigh* and another sip of latte’

At this point I am thinking just give me cash and done [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img] Turns out that would have been a better plan…

The manager sees the line behind me as well, and he comes to see what he can do. Now when I say “manager” he was probably 25 [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

BUT, he knew what he was doing [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I was outta there within 10 minutes of the man coming to my rescue.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Uncle Truck and Imanni are waiting outside, I hop in the truck and we are on our way… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

Uncle Truck dumps us at the curb, as Airport rules will not allow much else.

3 checked luggage, 1 carry on, 1 purse, one DVD player, one 3 yr old and a stroller [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

ok this already win my vote as Trip report with the most smileys [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img]
    Hope your trip was all you wished for!
    **raiseyeyebrows** pon de whole a oonu!

Thank God for Southwest on-line check-in and Sky Cap [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]

I got the major luggage checked in at the curb, and proceeded to security.

Now I went out and bought this dang umbrella stroller thinking I can control Imanni in the crowds/lines if I have him strapped down [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The boy wants no part of it. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] Him stand up and walk with the thing strapped on his back [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

He wants to take the escalator but there is no way with this stroller, so we get to the elevator and go up.
    Now he wants to go down the escalator [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    We have some words at the gates of security, and he sees that I mean business. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]

OK! Shoes off, DVD player out in a separate bin, no metal, no liquid, blah blah blah… we make it through the other side and I try to get him back in the stroller…

NOT… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif[/img]

OK! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Stroller, kid, carry-on, purse, DVD player, we make it to a seat… shoes on, and we have another conversation [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]
    Back in the stroller he goes… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]

I push him through the airport until we see a restaurant with a window looking out towards the planes… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] in we go! I unload my arms, and let him lose [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

I order a garlic chicken pizza and we snack on goldfish crackers till it comes. He sits there for most of our meal and we watch the planes land. He is excited to ride one, yay we going up in the sky [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok this already win my vote as Trip report with the most smileys [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] </div></div>

I am sure no one is surprised by that [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img]

Soon enough it was boarding time, and we get some pretty good seats close to the front.
    Imanni has no fear, and we chime 1,2,3 BLASTOFF as the plane takes off. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

We clear 10,000 feet and I break out the DVD player. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    We watch Ratatouille and snack on peanuts and sprite.

Jamaica here we come!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

I look out the window and see the sun setting over the California coastline…

YIPEEEE!!!!!! GREAT START! I can hardly wait for more!

Beautiful pics so far Bandanna.
    `If your dream doesn't include the &quot;impossible&quot; it's too small - Joel Osteen

The next part has no pictures, as it was one heck of a journey. I could not manage a single shot [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img]

We land in LAX and wait by the plane door for the stroller. Imanni does not want to get in, but I make him. Up the ramp and into LAX Airport. Follow the signs to Baggage claim so we can retrieve our bags and head for the International Terminal.

Again with the escalator Imanni starts throwing a fit to go down. No baby, we are going in the elevator. I silently pray his attitude will change, as we have almost 3 hours to spend here [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

Downstairs, we find baggage claim, and our bags. There is a lady there and I ask for help to get all of these bags and my boy to Air Jamaica. She gets a big luggage cart and tells me we should take the shuttle, as the walk is long. I silently think we could walk faster, but she is the expert, and so we cross the airport street and wait for the shuttle. When it comes we manage to get all bags and the kid on, and sit down. As we pass gate after gate, I realize the woman knew what she was talking about… LAX is HUGE [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] but we make it to Air Ja, and I get a luggage cart. The lady helps me to the line for Air Jamaica and I tip her well. But then she leaves, and I have a cart full of luggage, a stroller a purse, and a DVD player… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img] Now I have to maneuver the zig zag line alone! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

A Rasta man comes into queue behind me, and we chat for a while…

Simple conversation, just the basics, but we both are beaming at the thought of seeing JA again. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

“Im Daddy Jamaican”?

No I say, with a smile… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

That would be the first of many times I heard that question…

Ras helps me to the counter and I thank him, and wish him well. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

Quotes from Bandy Legs:
    I take a sip of my latte’ and wait my turn. When I finally get to the window I hand him the deposit slips and request travelers checks. I see a look on his face like he was trying to remember the answer to a test he took last year.

The boy wants no part of it. Him stand up and walk with the thing strapped on his back

Comments from Wanda be

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/1teeth.jpg[/img]

and [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] trip report

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img] Ms. Bandy
    Sing in the rain, dance in the sun, dream in the light of the moon. (Unknown)