• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

That flight to Jamaica seemed to take forever! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

Imanni was asleep before we even lifted off the ground, and he slept all the way until we started our decent into MoBay. I on the other hand, had a hard time. I slept a total of maybe an hour, and the rest of the time was spent wishing time would speed up. I got claustrophobic about 4 hours into the 5:40 minute flight. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img] The lady next to me was a doll, but she had a cold [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] she kept coughing, and moaning, and rubbing her nose. I cringe every time she coughs and turn my head the other way.
    The stewardess comes on the loud speaker and asks if there is a Doctor or Nurse on board. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] “There is a passenger in need please identify yourself to a flight attendant if you are a Dr. or Nurse.”
    Everyone who is awake starts to look back, and we see a congregation of flight attendants about half way back in the plane. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I turn around and say a silent prayer that the person is ok.
    My mind drifts to BlackICE and I say a prayer for those sitting next to the person as well [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]

Time is passing like a slug through the rainforest, and I am getting more claustrophobic with every second. The lady’s coughing seems more frequent and severe, and I can feel my feet are swelling fast. They always do that on long rides when I don’t get up and move around. I slip off my shoes, and try to relax. I look at my watch. 1 hour left, lord let me make it… [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]

edit reason: spelling of course [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Bandi hurry up wid the rest [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.</span>

Let the pics roll

I drift off to sleep at some point, and the next thing I know we are ready to make our decent. I stretch a little, and try to put my shoes on. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]
    My sandals won’t even fit on my feet they are so swollen [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] and they hurt [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

I gather everything, and put my shoes in my purse [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    We touch down and I am surprised that no one claps [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    I clap anyway [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img]

We’re in Jamaica!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

Barefoot, and with child, I make my way through the long halls of the airport. The line is building fast, but I need a bathroom. We find one, and Imanni and I go inside. I strip a layer off of him, and one off of myself, we wash up, and head for the line. Again he does not let the stroller detur him from standing up and trying to get away [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

I am sure I was a sight by this point [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] Holding on to the handles of the stroller being pulled by my 3 year old strapped to the other end [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

We reach the front and get through customs rather easily. The only place I was questioned was right at the end.

“Is this your boy?”

“Yes.”

“Im Daddy Jamaican?”

“No.”

“This your first time to Jamaica?”

“No.”

“When was the last time?”

“Too long, almost 5 years.”

She looks at Imanni again, appears satisfied with my answers, and then lets us pass…

I look for the JUTA and find it rather easily.

$20 bucks and 20 minutes later we got a ride to Negril!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

Kurlie, Oliz, LuvOchi [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

going to upload more pics...

soon come [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I drift off to sleep at some point, and the next thing I know we are ready to make our decent. I stretch a little, and try to put my shoes on. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]
    My sandals won’t even fit on my feet they are so swollen [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] and they hurt [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

I gather everything, and put my shoes in my purse [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    We touch down and I am surprised that no one claps [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    I clap anyway [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img]

We’re in Jamaica!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

Barefoot, and with child, I make my way through the long halls of the airport. The line is building fast, but I need a bathroom. We find one, and Imanni and I go inside. I strip a layer off of him, and one off of myself, we wash up, and head for the line. Again he does not let the stroller detur him from standing up and trying to get away [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

I am sure I was a sight by this point [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] Holding on to the handles of the stroller being pulled by my 3 year old strapped to the other end [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

We reach the front and get through customs rather easily. The only place I was questioned was right at the end.

“Is this your boy?”

“Yes.”

“Im Daddy Jamaican?”
    “No.”

“This your first time to Jamaica?”

“No.”

“When was the last time?”

“Too long, almost 5 years.”

She looks at Imanni again, appears satisfied with my answers, and then lets us pass…

I look for the JUTA and find it rather easily.

$20 bucks and 20 minutes later we got a ride to Negril!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    </div></div>

WOW, What was that question about [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Loving your report, cant wait to see your pictures of the Beach.
    You do have pictures of the beach? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img]

The visions of Immani and the stroller keeps me smiling!
    &quot;When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    V.Frank

well she going into jamaica....the son has dreadlocks, and the daddy not there with her.
    so prob think she going to be with daddy.

:shrug: or them meking conversation or just faas
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

I had a lot of luggage and I think she thought I might have a Jamaican daddy I was bringing stuff to and not claiming it... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

yes, nuff beach pics [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nylah [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img]

The boy may be cute but im noh easy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img] Me nah say nuttin caw me KNOW whatchoo takin...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] Dont worry...they do get easier with age...but Lawks I remember 3...AND traveling...It wears you OUT!