• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

Thanks much Seveen - I knew 2 were sisters but I didn't recall Ingrid as well. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ingrid, Sonya and Angela are sisters

Norm is their brother </div></div>

catcha is by far the best place I have stayed at while in Jamaica....we had one of the new two bedroom units Aquarius and it was top notch and worth every penny........

have never stayed at for real but like it's location very much and marilyn's room was HUGE with a lovely balcony as well.....

someone asked for links

http://www.barbbarn.com
    http://www.catchajamaica.com

For Real's website seems to be down
    Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Went to my book mark for FOR REAL seems their web page is gone.
    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Indeed - [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] - I tried and checked earlier too - and saw nada.

We got a bit of a discount at Catcha as we took multiple units.

But even the small rooms - Pisces and the Geminis - are very nice. They have AC, fridge, microwave and comfy beds and bathrooms, Pisces has an outdoor shower, there are large sun decks that are private to the units, hammocks, and breakfast is still included in the rates. Those are under $100 in off season.
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Hi All,
    My family and I are trying to decide between BBB and Catcha for this july2008, The 2 bedroom at Catcha seems ideal except for the fact that we are traveling with two children ages 5 and 14 and not sure how far from the beach (sand) it is. BBB seems nice but the kitchenette at Catcha really caught our eye, with two kids eating out gets pricey. So if someone could 1. Tell me about the beach in reference to Catcha 2. Tell me if there are any kitchen rooms at BBB and if not what would be the best room(s) to get for us (me, wife, and 2 boys) 3. If there are any other suggestions in this range of places to stay in Negril. We are trying something new and just going the relaxed route this time, no big hotel chain but the place must be safe, clean and have air conditioning.

All responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay
    “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Keeping a 5 year old away from the unfenced and very high cliff edge would NOT be a vacation to me. Save Catcha for a kid less trip and do BBB.
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Thanks Ohliz..

I will take your advice..any other hotel suggestions..I could do the research just some names of good ones?
    “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

i think BBB has a suite

and bandanna had a nice apartment at Negril Beach Condos

i think the beach is best for the kids

i want to stay on the cliffs but i'm not ready for my 11-year son to take up cliff diving

i like BBB 'cause breakfast is included - full breakfast

the rooms are close to the beach for potty breaks etc

i usually get room 118 or 119 which is close to the bar so if my son needed a nap - he could nap and i could sit at the bar - 10 feet away

plenty of things to do on 7-mile beach