• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Can a person fall from grace?

Can a sinner reach the place in sin where God will not pardon him or her? My auntís husband was a vile sinner. He hurt so many people until the people banned together and employed the service of couple of wizards. The wizards came to his house, throw him a rope, and told him to hang himself. He hanged himself two times and some how miraculously escaped. I was called in to pray with him. We both prayed and cry. He could not forgive himself for what he has done to people, so he finally hanged himself the third time. This time he died. When I was little, I hit one of his dogs, he told me that by twelve noon, my cutlass is going to chop me up, and so it was. However, now it was his time to take the count.

http://www.rtbpms.com/stopwastingtime.html
    A Mystic Christian: Bachelor in theology, Masters in Christians counseling.

Re: Can a person fall from grace?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrJames</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a sinner reach the place in sin where God will not pardon him or her? My auntís husband was a vile sinner. He hurt so many people until the people banned together and employed the service of couple of wizards. The wizards came to his house, throw him a rope, and told him to hang himself. He hanged himself two times and some how miraculously escaped. I was called in to pray with him. We both prayed and cry. He could not forgive himself for what he has done to people, so he finally hanged himself the third time. This time he died. When I was little, I hit one of his dogs, he told me that by twelve noon, my cutlass is going to chop me up, and so it was. However, now it was his time to take the count.

http://www.rtbpms.com/stopwastingtime.html </div></div>

LOL!!!

So dude tried to hang himself because someone told him to? That's one pile of assness if I ever heard any.
    &quot;Sell the Vatican, feed the world&quot;

Administrator

Forget that, I'd love to hear this story: "When I was little, I hit one of his dogs, he told me that by twelve noon, my cutlass is going to chop me up, and so it was." [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img] ((noh lissen to dem yahh Dr. J)) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]..but still, come and indulge us any how....

To anyone, not just Dr.J
    I guess the bigger question is, seeing that he committed suicide, would you say he forfeited receiving grace because he killed himself?
    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To anyone, not just Dr.J
    I guess the bigger question is, seeing that he committed suicide, would you say he forfeited receiving grace because he killed himself?</div></div>
    I really don't believe anyone can answer that question with absolute certainty either way, however one could argue that grace is a gift extended by God and not something we can earn or forfeit.

~ Anon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget that, I'd love to hear this story: "When I was little, I hit one of his dogs, he told me that by twelve noon, my cutlass is going to chop me up, and so it was." [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Pardon me! Why are you here if you were chopped up? When I was a child in JA, two farmers were in mashate fight and the whole town went to see the the dead man who was chopped up.

The bible say thou shall not kill so if you kill yourself you didn't get the chance to ask for forgiveness. God's kingdom is holy thus unrepented spirit can't enter. If hell is real I know my dad is there at the hottest part with Hitler and that's none of my concerns nor should you about your uncle. Instead, be concern about yourself and those who are still alive.

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: foolya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget that, I'd love to hear this story: "When I was little, I hit one of his dogs, he told me that by twelve noon, my cutlass is going to chop me up, and so it was." [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Pardon me! Why are you here if you were chopped up? When I was a child in JA, two farmers were in mashate fight and the whole town went to see the the dead man who was chopped up.

The bible say thou shall not kill so if you kill yourself you didn't get the chance to ask for forgiveness. God's kingdom is holy thus unrepented spirit can't enter. If hell is real I know my dad is there at the hottest part with Hitler and that's none of my concerns nor should you about your uncle. Instead, be concern about yourself and those who are still alive. </div></div> You certainly are not a Mormon, otherwise you would be responsible for your whole family getting into those pearly gates. Even those who preceed you.
    It is all or nothing....at least that how they play it.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To anyone, not just Dr.J
    I guess the bigger question is, seeing that he committed suicide, would you say he forfeited receiving grace because he killed himself?</div></div>
    I really don't believe anyone can answer that question with absolute certainty either way, however one could argue that grace is a gift extended by God and not something we can earn or forfeit. </div></div> sumple Logic tells you that this question can be easily answered if we believe that "God will always forgive,if the person asking repents after they do the act.
    Now ther is onoy one act that a person can do and not able to ask forgiveness after it is done. And that id suicide. since one cannot repend afyter death. This is physucally impossible,and one cannot repend before the act,because that is also psycally impossible. So simple logic say if gof forgoves all who repent after the act,and this act makes it impossible to repent,so that one can be forgiven. It follows that for this sin one cannot be forgoiven by God.
    It also follows that ther is no other act that can be done after which one cannot repent. So there is no other sin for which one cannot be forgiven. Since all other actsallows the person tthe opportunity to repent after such acts.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Administrator

The problem is I do not believe you can apply "simple logic" to the situation under discussion. One cannot speak of grace without speaking of mercy, and who is to say where God applies the latter? In Matt 9:1 we read "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee." There is no record the man asked for forgiveness for anything, so he was the recipient of both grace and mercy. Likewise, there is no record that the woman caught in the act of adultery asked for forgiveness, yet Jesus made it clear to her that He did not condemn her for the act. Another instance of grace and mercy. The thief on the cross was also ushered into paradise without asking for forgiveness (Luke 23:39-43).

Grace is a gift; there's nothing we can do (even if we ask a thousand times) to earn it.

~ Anon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem is I do not believe you can apply "simple logic" to the situation under discussion. One cannot speak of grace without speaking of mercy, and who is to say where God applies the latter? In Matt 9:1 we read "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee." There is no record the man asked for forgiveness for anything, so he was the recipient of both grace and mercy. Likewise, there is no record that the woman caught in the act of adultery asked for forgiveness, yet Jesus made it clear to her that He did not condemn her for the act. Another instance of grace and mercy. The thief on the cross was also ushered into paradise without asking for forgiveness (Luke 23:39-43).

Grace is a gift; there's nothing we can do (even if we ask a thousand times) to earn it. </div></div>
    Do you believe that Jesus could read what he was thinking,and forgiveness does not have to be verbally spoken,but done in the mind? Didn't Jesus say to him that "his sin was forgiven'? Sound like Jesus heard somthing why he replied thus to me. But that is me an my looking for logic in things.
    DId the theif on the cross ask for forgiveness,after or before death? Does the scripture support
    one ask for forgiveness after death?? Does the scripture support God granting mercy to a person who never ask forgiveness? Does the scripture support God granting mercy to a person who never ask foprgiveness?
    Is it possible to asl forgivemness after one is dead??