• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Can a person fall from grace?

Empress!

Your questions seem to be legitimate and without sarcasm. I think I should respond to you. God know all the people who truly love him, and want to serve him. He therefore, went ahead and pre-destine those people. So, regardless of how they end, has little effect on their final salivation.

God is not in any contest with his people. He is not waiting for you to sin, so clabber you.

Exodus 33:19 (KJV) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

A Mystic Christian: Bachelor in theology, Masters in Christians counseling.

A VENDETTA FOR THE PROPHETS.

As you, serve God. You must be constantly examine your spirit, to see if you are in the faith.

2 Cor. 13:5 (KJV) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

The people would not receive Jesus’ message because of envy.

Matthew 27:17-18 (KJV) Therefore, when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? [18] For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

THEY ENVIED MOSES.

Psalm 106:16 (KJV)
    They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the Lord.

1 Cor. 3:3 (KJV)
    For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

They envied Joseph and would not receive his message.

Genesis 37:11 (KJV)
    And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

Envy was added to hatred. Envy is selfish grudging of what another enjoys (Job 5:2; Proverbs 14:30; Romans 1:29; 1 Tim. 6:4; Titus 3:3). It is associated with bitterness, strife, murder and other sins (Eccles. 9:6; Romans 1:29; Romans 13:13; 1 Cor. 3:3; 2 Cor. 12:20; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Tim. 6:4; Titus 3:3; James 3:14-16; James 4:5). Joseph's dreams incited envy in his brothers but deep thought in Jacob who took them as divine indication of events that would affect his family. They also helped prepare Joseph for his coming sufferings in Egypt (Genesis 42:8-9; Genesis 45:4-8; Genesis 50:15-21).
    A Mystic Christian: Bachelor in theology, Masters in Christians counseling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrJames</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Empress!

Your questions seem to be legitimate and without sarcasm. I think I should respond to you. God know all the people who truly love him, and want to serve him. He therefore, went ahead and pre-destine those people. So, regardless of how they end, has little effect on their final salivation.

God is not in any contest with his people. He is not waiting for you to sin, so clabber you.

Exodus 33:19 (KJV) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

</div></div>

my question was rhetorical because I disagree with what Dr Dudd wrote.

but predestination opens up another can of worms for me which I have hardly seen a valid Christian interpretation for.
    And he will slay any Dragon for me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Empress_Nylah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    but predestination opens up another can of worms for me which I have hardly seen a valid Christian interpretation for. </div></div>

Boy, does it ever!
    &quot;Sell the Vatican, feed the world&quot;

"Can a person fall from grace"..?

Depends on what position they were in,and how big grace was,...now take the missionary position,..imagine if the person was precariously balanced on a well fed 20 stone grace,....it could be curtains if he wasnt holding on tight when grace....lets say ..."arrives" where she was going.

bigger badder and browner !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newtral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Can a person fall from grace"..?

Depends on what position they were in,and how big grace was,...now take the missionary position,..imagine if the person was precariously balanced on a well fed 20 stone grace,....it could be curtains if he wasnt holding on tight when grace....lets say ..."arrives" where she was going. </div></div>

Newtral, yu need Grace and Mercy.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]
    callin Dr J. on Newtral.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=CEW]The problem is I do not believe you can apply "simple logic" to the situation under discussion. One cannot speak of grace without speaking of mercy, and who is to say where God applies the latter? In Matt 9:1 we read "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee." There is no record the man asked for forgiveness for anything, so he was the recipient of both grace and mercy. Likewise, there is no record that the woman caught in the act of adultery asked for forgiveness, yet Jesus made it clear to her that He did not condemn her for the act. Another instance of grace and mercy. The thief on the cross was also ushered into paradise without asking for forgiveness (Luke 23:39-43).

Grace is a gift; there's nothing we can do (even if we ask a thousand times) to earn it. </div></div>

1) Do you believe that Jesus could read what he was thinking,and forgiveness does not have to be verbally spoken,but done in the mind?

Not impossible, but that would be reading something into the text that is not there.

2) Didn't Jesus say to him that "his sin was forgiven'? Sound like Jesus heard somthing why he replied thus to me. But that is me an my looking for logic in things.

Yes, He did say those words as recorded in Matthew 9.

3) DId the theif on the cross ask for forgiveness,after or before death?

He never did. He just asked that Jesus remember Him in Paradise, to which Jesus replied to the effect that today, we will both be in Paradise (Luke 23:43).

4) Does the scripture support one ask for forgiveness after death??

No, because that's not possible (Luke 16:19-31)

5) Does the scripture support God granting mercy to a person who never ask forgiveness?

There have been demonstrations of it - the woman caught in the act of adultery is a case in point (John 8:3-11). Just as important, in the OT we read of God saying "I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy" (Ex. 33:19). IMO, this is a part of the mystery of His Sovereignty.

5) Is it possible to asl forgivemness after one is dead??

No, see answer to #4.

aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrJames</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CEW!

Matthew 12:31-32 (KJV)
    Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. [32] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

“I really don't believe anyone can answer that question with absolute certainty either way, however one could argue that grace is a gift extended by God and not something we can earn or forfeit.”

GRACE

b. Mercy; clemency. 5. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
    6. A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve.

If grace is a gift. Then it cannot be earn. However, it can be rejected, spurned, lost, or stolen.
    </div></div>
    I'm not sure what yours is in response to, but the text quoted has no bearing on the subject being discussed. Jesus made it clear that blaspheming (speaking against, insulting, making disparaging remarks) the Holy Ghost was the unpardonable sin, a subject that was discussed in a previous thread.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

if grace is a gift, how do you know when you have received it?

if you've asked a thousand times for grace, how do you know you have not received it? if you have not asked for grace, but God has given it to you, how do you know?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HemGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if grace is a gift, how do you know when you have received it?

if you've asked a thousand times for grace, how do you know you have not received it? if you have not asked for grace, but God has given it to you, how do you know? </div></div> If grace is agift,what is the motivation to try to do good then? since grace is given at the pkeasure,meanung it is niot waht you do ,but whether or not he feel to grant you grace. Of course to me it makes no sence,but I am slow as you all know.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.