• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping

Re: Camping

hey, thats what i'm looking for exactlly......2 weeks with the locals in the mountains livin' RAW........ do you have any other videos of your trip?.......what did the trip cost roughlly?.....anyways, thanks for the xtra info..

runninrebel, we welcome your questions here at Jamaicans.com, but please read the Forum Rules concerning the content of posts on the site.

Also, please check your Private Messages ( click on the little flashing flag up in the bar where you see "My Stuff").

runninrebel, i have more videos but i have yet to upload them hehe our website, marcline.com has been running into a lot of problems, slowing down our process into uploading our newer pics and videos and completing our trip report...

(without counting flights and the taxis and 2 nights in Kingston) our trip has cost about 350 usd for 2 weeks, for 2, incl guide service, breakfast and dinner (we would eat lunch out). Now i know Mokko gave us a good deal because we have been very genereous to him and his baby mother and kids. We brought lots of stuff to give out to them, the school and also each time we would shop at the market for our own food, we would bought more so him and his family would have some to eat as well. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

if you can understand the patois, give Mokko a call.

I have to say that I am not a camper but when I look at some of these sights I'm really start getting itchy feet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nanook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a link to Tonyk's place in the Cockpits near Accompong:

Baboo's Garden

Happy hunting! It is so great to see so many options abound.

</div></div>

The place looks interesting as does Moko's and Zion countrty and Roots yard.
    Who knows maybe one of these days I'll get to wander around a yard again.

and the good thing is, with Mokko or Zion Country, they have cottages, so you really don't need to camp out in a tent, and Mokko's $25/night rate is hard to beat [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] considering all of what he will do for you.

I know for us we came back home with dried bush tea leaves, lots of bamboo and nice calabash bowls, which he showed us how to get in the hills, cut and empty out to put to dry, it was a really educational vacation for us [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

thats sounds perfect ($350)....did you say he's from Zion Country?....and ill try to contact Mokko...... ,thanks for the info..

no, although we heard from him there, he is not from Zion. (lots of ppl will think that though) zion country is in a different parish, it's in Portland, in a community called Long Road. Mokko helped in building the place at Zion but no longer works there and now is in St Thomas, Sunning Hill, a community right beside Bath. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

what do you think about solo travel, concidering ive never been to Jam.....

well Mokko has tons of solo travelers going to see him, one of them was a lady and she had previously stayed in Kingston, alone, before meeting him and also staying at zion country, i believe, here is her story:

http://worldstogethertravel.com/jama...s-afrobaby.htm

Have you traveled anywhere else before? the afrobaby report will be useful for you to read, she has a lot of good advice, ie, why you should not take immodium etc

Water is a must. Thank goodness, we had plenty of water at Mokko's place, although it may not be very cold, it was very good water and we had brought one of our sport bottle to fill it up every day and had it attached to Marc's camera bag, so we always had water with us while we were walking around.

also, we've been posting some photos (the first few days of our last trip so far) here:

http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/ubbt...809#Post670809