• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cheap safe motels in Kingston

shirleys Retreat has a website
    http://www.discoverjamaica.com//biz/shirleyretreat/

there is also a Williams Guest house in Kingston..

http://www.travel-library.com/condos....html#pictures

so far I CAN stay at Sandhurst for 2 of the days that I need to - the first night and the night i come back to kingston, but they can't guarantee me a room for the next 3 nights as they have a school coming to stay there. so I'm covered for thursday night and sunday night and I just need mon-wednesday, I may not REALLY need wednesday since I'm leaving kingston 5 am thurs morn, here's hoping I get something definite.
    http://akilandsaltfish.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: purple">Please check it out and forward to friends if you enjoy it.</span></span></span>

Stayed at Indies, it was REALLY a nice place, a few $ more than I wanted to spend but I really liked it. only reached JA for a week, but it was the BEST TRIP of my life! went to st. mary, to ochie, kingston, had a wonderful wonderful time - aiming to go back asap/.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: purple">Please check it out and forward to friends if you enjoy it.</span></span></span>

<span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>thanks for the update - we appreciate it

don't hear back from lots of folks on our recommendations

your feedback helps for the next time

or for when i go

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]</span>

glad to know yu had a good time ..as yu know the prices depend on the high and low seasons and the Indies is in the MIX of everything in New Kgn...
    Come back come tell us likkle more bout di trip nuh !! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grayskull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stayed at Indies, it was REALLY a nice place, a few $ more than I wanted to spend but I really liked it. only reached JA for a week, but it was the BEST TRIP of my life! went to st. mary, to ochie, kingston, had a wonderful wonderful time - aiming to go back asap/. </div></div>

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback Greyskull! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Now we ready for the pictures. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

you know i took SO many less pics than I had planned, but i'll see what I can dig up and give a full trip report soon.

Indies was REALLY a lot better than I hoped, I had a lot less in mind in terms of what to expect when I posted this thread.

problem with pics is that most of them are of my gf and son, not many scenery pics, but I was having too much fun to even think about pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JitterBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By: haki
    Google Indies Hotel Kingston, Leighton House Jamaica, Sandhurst Guest House Kingston

WOW! ok the last two are VERY inexpensive gotta give em a call tonight!!
    </div></div>

sandhurst guest house is interesting, lots of entertainers use the place . . . lots of fun . . . cheap . . . </div></div>

I stayed at Sandhurst the nights of 3/13-15. It's being quite extensively remodeled, and has changed its name to "The Prestige," even though it hasn't updated its signage yet. They seem to be coping with running the place during the remodeling all right. Our visit happened to coincide with the GraceKennedy high school track championships, and several track teams from all over (Ocho Rios high, Marcus Garvey high, Edwin someone high, and at least one other that I'm not remembering right now) were staying there at the same time, so the place was lively as well as dissheveled, but the staff was managing to cope with the chaos quite well, I thought.
    Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. I'm not surprised that you agree.

AH so THEY are the ones who stole my room! hahaha I was to stay there instead of indies but they told me they had NO room that week (the week prior to your stay)

so tell we some of the things yu did in KGN nuh?? it dont have to be a report ..but since yuh a chat bout how GREAT di KGN trip was ..give we likkle details nuh !! ( OF COURSE MI KNOW it could be the ppl yu were with ,that put di extra umph inna di trip) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grayskull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AH so THEY are the ones who stole my room! hahaha I was to stay there instead of indies but they told me they had NO room that week (the week prior to your stay) </div></div>